Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Fools! You do not know cold

I remember when I heard the Sens 9 podcast that people were complaining about a deep freeze in the East.

So to that I say - Fools! You do not know cold.

It honestly does not help thinking that our Jets are down in Florida these past two days

February 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Fools? We're not the ones in living through Winnipeg winters.

Remember dress in layers.... or just say inside and get caught up on Game of Thrones or something like that.

February 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Ya but it's a dry cold. When it hits -30 in Ottawa it feels colder.

February 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

The population always explodes 9 months after a Winnipeg winter

February 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

We had that kind of cold last week, with winds making it even more 'fun', but having +12 two days ago and now back to -15 means that it's not necessarily the actual temperature but the variations that make it hard to take at times. I, for one, don't mind the cold and can dress for it, but when it's cold/mild/very cold/cold/mild/cold it gets annoying.

Of course, Winterlude is starting so we're due for another mild spell to close the Canal skateway after it gets re-opened in time for the festival to start. It's tradition.

February 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Wow I didn't know you guys got -30 C weather. I assume (as probably most people here) that anywhere around the prairies (except the North) is like, -5 to +5 C winters.

I think though around -40 or so you don't feel dry/wet anymore.. you just get sore. lol

Giving some co-workers a ride home today as I don't think people should be out walking.

We're having that a lot this winter too actually, last week it was only -12 most days which when going from -40 to -12 is a huge difference. Last year we had unseasonable warmth all winter long I only had to plug in my car once or twice, now even with it plugged in it complained bitterly all the way to work.

February 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I do indeed not know cold. Due to the Gulf Stream effect, we Dutch have very mild everything. We're happy we can skate a few weeks per winter. Coldest I can remember was -20C at night. -15C by day. Normally our winters are what others call fall/autumn, chilly and very wet. At this moment it's +7C and drizzling rain, we came of a 3 week stretch below zero though, I even managed to play some hockey.

February 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

wow, and I thought people down here in FLA talked about the weather a lot. You bunch of old hens.

February 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell, are you trying to be the Kaleta if the forum (or/ pest that annoys everyone but nobody can do anything about)? It's working.

February 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Spaceman grew up in Regina, I think he has all you guys beat...-50 on a warm day in the winter. Although Winnipeg is close, he says Sask. is colder.

February 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I'm back now Kardinal so I'm freezing with the rest of you.

February 3, 2013 at 11:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Not sure if I hate winter or the leafs more. Good thing is they're both gone by spring.

February 8, 2013 at 6:45 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Not sure if I hate winter or the leafs more. Good thing is they're both gone by spring.

That's the best thing I've ever heard

February 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

now those pukes are killing the Flyers after doing the same thing to the Habs and have won 4 in a row. just in time to play a cold as ice Ottawa team on Saturday

February 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

yeah, but its a perfect ambush game then. Besides, everyone's kicking the crap out of Philly these days.

February 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell