Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 6: Caps @ Sens

Z-bad looks like he wants to put Daugainvs on EI.

I'd love to be wrong about that kid. He always seemed to have this "I miss my girlfriend back home" look on his face. Now he looks like he's really growing up.

January 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Watched a few minuets of the Minnesota game the other night. Showed Zenon Konopka sitting on the bench with a big cut on his nose. Some things never change.

January 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Just leave Z-Bad out there!

January 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

These Caps announcers are killing me ... apparently, they don't understand how high-sticking works.

"It was the follow-through on a shot ... that's shouldn't be a penalty."

January 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

just an okay shot by gonchar...an even better tip by the caps guy....... okay fine yay Gonchar.

January 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Great delay work by by Z-bad to get the rest of the team set up, and then Gonchar blasts one. NICE!

It is going to be hard to send Mika back to Bingo after how he has played tonight.

January 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

OK. Not as mad at Gonchar as I was.

January 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

From what's just been posted by you guys I suspect "we" scored? am I right and how much time is left :-)

January 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

"I miss my girlfriend back home" look on his face.

funny thing is that he came up to Ottawa to visit his girlfriend during the AHL All-Star break and decided to bring his equipment "Just in case..."

January 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

It's over ... Sens 3-2.

January 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

3-2 Game over.

January 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

son of a gun and hell yes, thanks

January 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That game reminded me of last years team. Don't quit and come back and wind.

January 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

even Gab was trying to discredit Gonchar on that goal :)

January 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Neil deserves an "A" when Alfie retires.

Anderson is like our Patrick Roy right now. MVP of the team so far. We STOLE that game.

PS: I'm flippin' (or is it floppin' Stooli) to get on the Z-Bad bandwagon!

January 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

It was a good shot...but ONE right does not correct many wrongs!

January 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

I see that ZBad got the First star for the game, was he really that good tonite?

January 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

They had Z-Bad as 2nd star - and yes. Andy got 1st and this team would be screwed without him. We chould trade him now.

January 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

oh yes!!

January 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Habs win a close game as well. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

January 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

Man, I like this guy. He calls it like it is. Post game interview with the coach:

"Coach, how do you explain the first 30 minutes?

"They were better than us."

Other informational tidbits:
No update on Spezza.
Turning point of the game was the O'Brien goal - started to relax and play better after that.
Best guys play, so the "4th line" played a lot because they were the best group on the ice.
Washington dictated the gameplay for much of the game - that was the problem, especially in the 1st period.
Z-bad will play tomorrow against Montreal.

January 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I must say, O'Brien and Turris have really impressed with their desire and speed so far this season. Hope they can keep it up!
Condra has really worked hard as well.

The Meat Grinder Line (Neiler-Green-Smith) has been a factor in every game to get the team energized.

Paulrus has to make decisions on how to get Silfverberg and Latendresse going, or sub them for other players who can step in and produce.

January 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

My love affair with NHL Gamecenter is waning...glitchy............

Glad it wasn't just mine. Mine couldn't keep and started doing random buffers. After pausing it and letting it build up a lead it would randomly buffer and jump back 10 minutes.

January 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Dawg, I think you called me on Aflie's slow leg power last game. You were totally right. He actually had that problem at one point last year and declared something about squats or something and then came back strong. I expect that.

3rd and 4th line had the energy. We'll never win a cup with them as our top 6 but we all know that. On nights like tonight they gave us something beside a goalie in the zone. Saved the day.

Gamecenter: I felt like the guy in an early 90s cubicle bragging that his DOS was replaced by the awesome new Windows. By the 2nd day he realized that DOS was unpretty but reliable.
I found that it worked best tonight when I gave it some time and then forced it to faster forward. It just didn't seem to like to be rushed.

January 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones