Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league

oh, come on! you're going to hold that one gaff out of his whole career against him? what about all the great stuff he did? like for example, the smoked meat sandwich i had at the big rig the other night?

April 13, 2013 at 2:18 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ken Warren on SensExtra.com:

THE GRASS ISN’T ALWAYS GREENER….IN EDMONTON: I can’t help but wonder if there is a small voice inside the head of Edmonton rookie defenceman Justin Schultz’s head, wondering ‘did I make the right decision?’ Schultz, who manipulated his way away from Anaheim – the team that drafted him – to sign with Edmonton last summer, was on the wrong end of 2-1 loss to Anaheim this week. Edmonton is in a familiar place, yet again a non-playoff team. Anaheim, meanwhile, has a shot at the Stanley Cup and the future is bright with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry signed long-term.

Add to that... wouldn't I have better gone to Ottawa? Who also was in the running as far as I can remember. He definitely would have gotten al the chances in the world on Ottawa's blue line, especially with Karlsson out. If Ottawa makes the play offs, it has a shot at the cup, maybe not as clear as Anaheim but still.

April 13, 2013 at 1:27 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Phillips does deserve that honor--and on the goal he knocked in vs. Anaheim they were down big in that game and they weren't coming back, it was no big deal at all-- the series and game were over by that point in that game.

Don Cherry just pumped CraigAnderson's tires for MVP of the whole league, if he had stayed healthy

April 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Even with his lengthy absence, if Andy plays the majority of the remaining games, he should win the Vezina at a minimum. His GAA is below 2 (!!!), he's got shutouts, win, best Save %....

Stache should be the Jack Adams winner for sure. Team was picked to finish near the bottom last year, BUT he proved everyone wrong and his coaching decisions had noticeable effects on games.

Same thing this year:
- team picked to finish last, gets off to a solid start,
- loses all of its best players (except for Alfie) and manages to hold on to conference 4-6 spot with AHL'ers, rookies, unproven backups, unwanted UFAs, and not a single player in the TOP 90 in scoring!!!

If the Sens get robbed of these two awards: FTNHL, and FTW!

April 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

BobbyButler gets a penalty shot and guess what he did with it?

April 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ummm......

He burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp?

April 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

LOL, u got it!!

I'm sure his teammates on the Preds wish he went back up to the Jersey swamps

April 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Bishop signed a two-year contract extension with Tampa today.

April 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

I'm happy for Bishop I think they'll use him as their starter.

April 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Official word from the weather office. They now have figured out why winter will not go away. We all knew that the day the lafs made the playoffs would be the day hell freezes over. So not only can we hate them for being a dirty bunch of slime balls, we can hate them for screwing up the weather.

April 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

didn't know what thread to put this in but saw this headline today. I'll keep you updated as to his condition.

"Senior stabbed for staring at woman's butt"

April 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Honest. I was only looking at the gummy bear stuck to her behind.

April 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Check this SI.com slideshow of all the goalie masks.

I think I like the more simple ones. Most of them are too busy.

Few favourites: Hiller (Ducks), Bachman (Stars), Clemmensen (Just kidding; hideous), the logo side of both Anderson's masks and Greiss (Sharks).

Luongo's are a bit too simple for my liking though, but still better than a lot of others.

April 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

yeah, a lot of them are way too busy. i like the iron maiden Eddie on chris mason's.

April 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

How about a pair of these beer league specials

April 24, 2013 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Should appeal to me, being Dutch and all, but I actually prefer quite a lot of other beers above Heineken's.
Like the idea though, these will be an even bigger distraction for the opposing team with the 5-hole shut. Keep it in the beer leagues, though. If you talk about busy... have a look at all the sponsoring that goes on in some of the European leagues, ugh.

April 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru