Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league

loved the Buy One get One Free

March 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

@dadexter
I'm with you there. I think it means Bishop could be out of here when Andersson returns. Or it could mean Andersson is further from a return than we think and the Murrays want to give Bingo a proper chance in their Play Offs.

March 21, 2013 at 4:54 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

@Russell
Interesting topic indeed. Fun to see that Florida doesn't even spend that much, but are so bad that they get the least 'bang for their buck'.

@Russel 2
LOL, let's wait what poor chuckie has to say.

March 21, 2013 at 4:59 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I can just hear Pan doing that voice now.

March 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

@labru I think so too... Bishop can't be sent back to Bingo IIRC because of his 1way contract. But I also think sending Lehner back down would be a mistake. He's doing great up here, minus his shootout, but sending him down IMO will just piss him off and destroy whatever he's gained lately.

In regards to his shootout, there are two ways of dealing with this:
1) score goals and avoid shootouts altogether.
2) get in plenty of them so he gets used to them.

March 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

New stat holiday:

March 22nd shall now and forever be known as "Kovalev Retires Day"

March 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

no one shows up for work, just like Kovie. makes sense.

March 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

They have to show up for work, but they aren't allowed to do any actual work. Except for a couple of days a year, selected randomly, to remind their boss that they actually do have skills even if they have absolutely no work ethic.

March 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

New stat holiday:

March 22nd shall now and forever be known as "Kovalev Retires Day"

It'll have to do... since we might not be able to celebrate "Leafs Elimination Day" (well.. maybe until late April/May)

March 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Rick Nash LEAPS and hits Tomas Kopeckny in the back of the shoulders or head and knocks off his helmet and he lands face first on the ice and nothing is called and no supplementary discipline.
I hope Chris Neil or Kassian does that to Sidney Crosby or Nasim Kadri and lets see if there is nothing called on that play--I have a sneaking suspicion that there could be a penalty called and maybe even a fine and suspension.

March 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Rick Nash LEAPS and hits Tomas Kopeckny in the back of the shoulders or head and knocks off his helmet and he lands face first on the ice and nothing is called and no supplementary discipline

Didn't happen...hockey play

March 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

LOL Pan,

apparently it didn't happen, then AlexEdler a Swede who barely hits anybody in my opinion hits Mike Smith the Coyote Goalie behind the net as he's trying to get the puck and he gets 2 games suspension.
I swear what a MickeyMouse stupidly run league this can be at times.

March 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I heard today Lee was put on waivers. Not having a great season in Tampa.

I remember thinking we should have possibly kept Lee, because he played a reasonable game (as one of the few of our D last season). That's probably why I'm no GM.

March 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

To bad about Lee. Hoped going to Tampa would allow him to play full time.

March 23, 2013 at 11:20 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

RE Nash hit.

Brenda explains it as Kopeckny turning at the last second contributing to the hit and Nash making initial contact with the shoulder and nameplate. So because of that no suspension is warranted.

This same play 5 ' from the boards, where the player turns at the last second and the hitter, who doesn't have a chance to avoid the hit, gets an automatic 5 and a game followed up further discipline.

March 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Khudoben in net for the Bruins vs. the Leafs tonite, if that little toad doesn't win.........

March 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's decisions like this that make the NHL a Mickey Mouse league.

Headshots (attempted or connected) should be min. 5 games for 1st offence, 15 games for 2nd and full season suspension if you do it a 3rd time.
Guys like Kaleta, Ott, Cooke, etc. should be simple thrown out of the league. Make clean hits all you want (like the Neil hit on Boychuk last year), but the cheapshot weasels should be exterminated.

March 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

This is the good news Stone scores for Bingo

Binghamton Senators ‏@BSens_Hockey 3m
Assists on Stone's tally go to Mike Hoffman and Chris Wideman. Go #BSens go!

The bad news is the Leafs are beating the Bruins 3-1 and Khudoben was pulled---the little jackass

March 23, 2013 at 9:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Binghamton Senators ‏@BSens_Hockey 33s
#BSens goal! Stephane DaCosta scores on the power play to put #Binghamton back on top, 3-2!

March 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Reimer and Leafs beat the Bruins and Khodoben is the goat, or toad. what a travesty

March 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Pens just picked up Brendan Morrow. they are going to be really tough to beat if they stay healthy.

March 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I like NHL.com to get a quick fix of stats and standings. They always find ways to screw up though. I'm not even talking about omitting amazing highlights or facts of the Sens. Which I've grown used to.
This time they're omitting players altogether. I wanted to see where Lehner was stats wise compared to the rest of the NHL. No Lehner... Seems they didn't even go with the two goalies that started the season, because if memory serves correctly Lehner was on the bench those first two games against WPG and FLA. Bishop is on the list though.

March 25, 2013 at 4:51 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Remember how we discussed if the Sens should retire Phillips' #4 if he retires a Senator? debatable, for sure, but consider this. The Avs are going to retire Adam Foote's #. Comparable guys, I'd say, and Foote spent 3 seasons in Columbus.

April 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I agree that whether or not Philips number should retired is a matter for debate, I think you have to take into account more than stats. You have to consider his importance to the team over a career. He has been a solid defensive player for years. And done it with class. He has become a team leader. He has been one of the main faces of the team for a number of years. He has become public figure for his work with charities and business. I would have no problem with them retiring his number.

April 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

...(sigh) He also scored on his own net in the Finals, but I hear ya Senior. Over 1000 games with the same club, big presence in the community.

April 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg