Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league

Just saw on the ticket tape on TSN that Chris Kelly is out with a broken leg. Hate to see that happen to Kelly. We miss him here and could use his face off ability in Jason's absence.

March 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

So I googled Chris Kelly, and found this beauty of an article:

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/3/13/4100630/chris-human-garbage-neil-broke-chris-kellys-leg-in-vicious-knee-on

March 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

That's unfortunate. There is a couple of players on the bruins I wouldn't mind seeing get theirs but not Kelly. I'm sure Neil feels bad.

March 13, 2013 at 11:03 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

i'm sure you've all seen the video by now of The Bruins' coach complaining about MTL diving and then showing all the bruins themselves diving, funny stuff, but he's not wrong, and I think we all saw that last night against MTL. wow, do they go down easy. they spent some time this morning on the radio talking about it.

In fairness to Julien and the Bruins, you could likely make that video about any team in the league. everyone of them has some divers, some more than others, but we saw last night that Julien does have a point. he just made the mistake of forgetting about youtube.

March 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

of course Julien could petition the NHL offices and pull all NHL off YouTube, just like MajorLeagueBaseball and that problem goes away......

March 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Panthers Get Brennan In Trade With Sabres

... this headline got my hopes up ... then A) I realized that they don't trade sports columnists, and B) they weren't talking about Don Brennan. Too bad ...

March 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Lupul's back for the Trees--does any else smell a Cup run coming from Toronto?

March 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I smell something, but it's the same crap as its always been.

March 16, 2013 at 12:33 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Everyone, please think of us tonight in Winnipeg as I hope to god the Jets beat the Leafs.

March 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Lupal? Isn't that some kind of disease?

March 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Our boy Lupul scored already tonite!!!! crank up those floats for that parade!!! <sarcasm>

March 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

let's hope the 10 round shootout wore out the Peg for tomorrow's game--they did beat the Leafs. But the Trees get a point :-(

March 16, 2013 at 10:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

12.6 seconds left in the game, faceoff in the defensive zone....time for a Hail Mary kind of play to try and tie the game, right? Not exactly.

I guess the Vancouver-Chicago dislike filtered down to the AHL level.

March 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Scratch that Perry to Ottawa stuff:

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
So according to Pierre LeBrun, Perry gets $8.625M per. Getzlaf will make $8.25M per. Either way, good for Anaheim to get them locked up.

2m Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell
The #Ducks are paying Perry and Getzlaf $132 million for their services the next eight years.

March 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I highly doubt Ottawa would have paid Perry that much, I think only OV, Crosby, Malkin make more than that yearly maybe someone else like Finger but not sure

March 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

16M for 2 players will handcuff them in the long term. They're going for broke this year. Bobby Ryan will probably get moved at the draft and not trade deadline. I expect them to make big moves for other guys (jagr?) who will be rentals.

March 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

They had an obvious choice, but still managed to ruin it. Poor kid.

link

March 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Senators sign NCAA free agent goalie Andrew Hammond, two-years entry level...

According to CBC, he will be reporting to Bingo... Anyone else but me thinks this means neither Bishop or Lehner are heading back to Bingo when Anderson returns?

March 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

this is interesting. who gets the most for their money. good topic for a future show.

bang

March 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hey Russell,

the ffft, ffft, post from last nite didn't get the proper LOL that it deserved. I'm just a little slow on the uptake :-)

If the Leafs can lose tonite and against Buffalo those un-pesky douches can fall right out of the playoff run--Go Bolts and Slugs!!!!!

March 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Bolts Suck!!!! it's Toronto 4-0 for pete's sake

March 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

i just tweeted that the bolts might be a good trading partner with the sens. they desperately need a goalie.

March 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

And we could use a Stamkos!

Bishop for Stamkos

#Leafshomertrade

March 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

#Leafshomertrade throw in Jake Gardiner to the Bolts and the Leafs could get back St.Louis and Stamkos and a First Round pick for a future Norris winner.

March 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

freaking hilarious.

For Chuckie

March 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell