Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league

O'Reilly would have had to clear waivers if the Avs had declined to match the offer sheet. Due to KHL rule and coming back to NHL.

Jay Feaster and Flames still would of surrendered their 1st and 3rd picks, but I'm sure the fans and ownership in Calgary would of been forgiving if that had happened.

March 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

.......and now, the news that every single Senators fan expected to hear this season:

It looks like Kovalev's time in Florida is done.

March 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I saw this on TSN yesterday, they mentioned that Rick DiPietro threatened to commit suicide!?

Here's the article

It wasn't so much he threatened suicide he just made comments like, "they ripped my heart out, stabbed it, set it on fire and flushed it down the toilet." after they sent him down to their AHL affiliate.

March 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

"and this is why the Flames suck almost as much as the leafs. they do really dumb things. the kid is totally unproven!!!!"

If he turns out to be better than Turris, this won't be such a bad deal.

March 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Brian Elliot is slipping back into his old ways. started strong in St.Louis but has faded badly.

March 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

did Clouston sneak onto to the Blues coaching staff

March 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

watching this Boston v. Montreal game---how the heck did Ottawa beat this Montreal team? They were down to Boston and have came back to take the lead in Boston. They are really good and it hurts to say that

March 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I wish we had a guy like this

best part was the replay showing the ref looking right at the cross check and calling nothing.

March 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Lafs trade Mike Brown to Edmonton. Good riddance to that A' hole.

March 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

speaking of a-holes, another incident with a ref and his enormous ego. Sutherland called Vigneault in vancouver for abuse of an official late in the game and it cost them a goal. AV claims all he did was yell "that was an elbow". says he didn't swear or anything.

yet, no repercussions or accountability for the douchebag ref. where have we heard this story before? and before...and before....

March 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bobby Butler was waived by New Jersey and picked up by Nashville. Not all that surprising.

March 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM | Registered CommenterChuckProuse

Hey Russell, whoever let that Chara dude get out of Ottawa needs to be fired!!

and The Fountainhead, I'm a big time reader and started that because I heard from people it was good. I finally just skipped to the end just to see how it ended -- it's been a long time but even that was boring if I remember right. It was like 20 years ago that I tried to read that.

March 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'm surprised that Kaleta got anything for that, he barely pushed him and it's obvious that Richards is playing it for all it's worth. What a crap call giving the Rangers 5 minutes for that?!?!$%%

this is what Buffalo fans were emailing and saying to hosts of some Buffalo talk shows on Monday.

March 5, 2013 at 8:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I'm surprised Kaleta got as much as he did, but if the next time he gets suspended (and we all know there will be another one) he doesn't get at least 10, it's pointless. Cooke got a talking to from the team; Kaleta needs the same, and he needs to be dropped a few times whether he tries to turtle or not. He's a reckless weasel.

March 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Thanks TJ. I might just bail out on that book. I did read another of her books and liked it but this one has me baffled.

March 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Former Bingo / Ottawa Senator Rob Klinkhammer got his first NHL goal in Phoenix last night:

Klinkhammer nets first NHL goal, helps Coyotes edge Stars

March 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Who'd have thought that at this very moment (after 26 games) the BlueJackets would be tied (with Pittsburgh) for the hottest team in the league... and the BlackHawks tied for the longest losing streak.

March 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Who'd have thought that after approx. 26 games there would be 4 teams of the NorthEast division in the top 5 of the Eastern conference if it weren't for divisional seeding (now there are 4 in the top 6).

March 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

so, Phaneuf gets hammered tonight, doesn't like it, gets up, instigates a fight with Ladd. Phaneuf wears a visor. the refs don't call it instigating, thus no visor call. they call it roughing, instead. so 7 mins as opposed to 19 mins, if you're Sen and do the same thing.

take it away....

March 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

a**wipe Refs is all I can say to that about Phaneuf, but it's not surprising

March 13, 2013 at 12:16 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It means that even the league and the refs would prefer to avoid the Laffs fans throwing a tantrum?

March 13, 2013 at 6:24 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

At least they got trashed by Winnipeg. I don't know if you guys could hear on TV but the fans were yelling "Let's go Bluejays" and "Leafs still suck". It must be extra humiliating being beat by the Jets as they really suck this year. lol If you want to talk about realignment, they're in the weakest (by far) division in the league and still can't make a playoff spot.

March 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=219349&navid=nhl:topheads

I have a love/hate relationship with Torts... I just love to hate this guy.

March 13, 2013 at 10:58 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Turdarelli is a moron.

March 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior