Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the league

"More likely, he said, it is the handiwork of a rogue Apple development staffer Ñ one who is clearly a Sens fan of the first order.

Shredder?

February 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

CBJ have let go GM Scott Howson, after five years on the job. He got fleeced on the Nash trade, so I'm surprised he managed to hang on this long.

February 12, 2013 at 8:11 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Former Senator Jarmo Kekalainen was named the new GM in Columbus.

Kekalainen played 28 games for the Sens back in 1993-94. Later on he also worked for the Sens as director of Player Personnel where helped in picking Marian Hossa, Martin Havlat and Ray Emery.

February 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

In Winnipeg news the headline for the Nash trade was:

"Nash joins the New York Rangers. Columbus joins the AHL"

I've actually thought Columbus has put on a better showing than they have in previous years. ...it could also be that any game I see them winning is like, "Oh WOW they're WINNING. How nice for them."

February 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery
February 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Another lighter note: Leafs fans are mouth breathing cash registers. Gold!

February 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

also around the league, i was watching highlites of canucks and black hawks last night. Hossa was just dancing around people. then, not so much. alfie thinks this guy takes too many cheap shots to the head.

February 20, 2013 at 11:44 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Another lighter note: Leafs fans are mouth breathing cash registers. Gold!

The Buffalo one was nicely prophetic. Lindy Ruff canned today.

February 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Not surprised to see Ruff gone. Surprised it didn't happen sooner. Always felt he was over rated as a coach. However to be fair, the slugs have no money and they never really had a lot of talent for him to work with.

After watching the Hossa hit, it is obvious that Hansen delivered a solid forearm smash to the back of Hossa's head. I don't think it was accidental but even if it was, he should be suspended.

February 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

you know those ridiculous, chintzy little tap on the glove hooks they've been calling this year? well, i'm watching the Pitts/Philly game and they dont apply to Crosby. i know that may shock you.

February 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

this game is damned entertaining at 6-5 late 3rd, all the hell I want to know is why the Sens never got to face Vokoun?

February 20, 2013 at 10:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

that game was crazy. i'd watch those guys play anytime and i hate both teams.

February 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Report: Islanders to place DiPietro on waivers Friday

If they plan to buy him out, they better do like the Habs and Rangers did. If he goes to the AHL and gets injured they may not be able to buy him out without it counting against the cap.

February 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Ridiculous to see that Carolina is already five points behind Ottawa, but still seeded 4 slots higher. OK, they have 3 games in hand, but I don't see 'em making 5 points in those.
Boston has 4 games extra and as many points as Ottawa and Toronto (who we should but probably won't pass tomorrow).

February 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Yeah, the ideas for the 4 conferences is a better idea but there will probably always be those problems... although I dunno if the plan was just the top teams from each side East/West make it so we don't have these problems in the future?

Also did anyone see Malkin is out w/a concussion now...

February 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

ok, so today's recycle day in the NHL. what am I missing? Wasn't MTL really happy with Cole? They needed size and someone tough to play against. he gave them that. why did they want to get rid of him? anyone know?

February 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Cole was a salary dump Russell.

Who cares about MTL, the big news of the day is Simon Gagne back with the Flyers! Now if only Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Joffrey Lupul and Scottie Upshall can make it back to dry island somehow.

February 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

weird. there's only a million dollars in difference in their salaries and Cole had 35 goals last year. but, his production is way off this year. maybe they know something we don't. maybe other issues?

however, ryder's contract is up this year. cole has 2 more years. ryder had 35 goals too but the habs get smaller again.

February 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Have to say that I am happy to see Cole leaving the Habs. He always seemed to play well against the Sens. I would love to see him here in Ottawa. Big guy who can score and throw his weight around when necessary. And from what I heard, a good team guy.

February 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Cole hit a post v. the Sens just the other nite, but of course didn't all of the Habs top 6 Forwards hit the post at least once?

February 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

just heard on the radio from PierreMcGuire that JakeGardiner can't get back up in the NHL because the Leafs are happy with their Dmen and he's not physical enough for their tastes. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some in the Toronto media think that Gardiner was better or that he had a better future than EK65? and that was just last season they were saying that--maroons galore in that media

February 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Report: Calgary Flames have signed COL's Ryan O'Reilly to an offer sheet:

2012-2013: $1M base salary w/ signing bonus of $2.5M
2013-2014: salary of$6.5M

Let met get this straight......$10M in 2 years for a 22 year old who had 56 points last season? STOP THE INSANITY!

February 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Flames have to give up a 1st and 3rd round pick this year and if Colorado does match they can't trade him for 1 year.
To me the Flames have not had a 1st or real 2nd line Center for years so it's worth it and it gets them younger which they really need.
10M isn't my money so I dont' give a rip what they pay him and I hate the Flames anyway

February 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Scary thought: any qualifying offer, for a contract after the one signed with the offer sheet, would be $6.5M per year.
Scarier thought: after the two years contract from the offer sheet, O'Reilly is 2 years away from being a UFA.

I'm not sure Feaster is thinking this through very well.

February 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

and this is why the Flames suck almost as much as the leafs. they do really dumb things. the kid is totally unproven!!!!

February 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell