Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > SCU Episode 8 ready for download

We share our first impressions of GAME 1!

January 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Thanks for the podcast tonite guys, it was great but that's only my opinion.

January 20, 2013 at 1:44 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You magnificent bastards! Thank you

January 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Watching Slugs vs. Flyers and Sean Courterier the guy the Sens passed on in last years draft is freaking awesome. I'm telling you we are going to be pissed about this for years because I think all of us who were watching that draft wanted this guy but they did take ZBad who I realize we need to give time. I don't think he's ever going to be close to Courterier. (however u spell that name)

January 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Right now, I feel the same way as you, but lots of conditions as Turris does fill that spot and if he does we,, then we're good, and even better if zbad plays on his wing. He's done well in bingo since his return from injury

January 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Zibanejad plays a smart, checking center game. He's totally different from Couturier who is an offensive guy and better at face offs. Zibanejad will be able to chip in with offense from time to time but he won't be the scorer Couturier is.

I think the Sens drafted him instead of Couturier because of character. They did not like Couturier's non-compete attitude in the playoffs in his last year in junior. Zibanejad is the opposite - always works hard. If he was to make the roster next year he could slot in as the 3rd line checking center, or 2nd line winger. His hockey sense reminds of Silfverberg's and Alfie's - all 3 are not the biggest, strongest and fastest but they can all check exceptionally well.

It's a high pick for a potentially checking centre but I think the Sens drafted a character role player. Too bad about his injury streak so far.

January 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Pan thanks for reminding me about Turris, because at that draft they still had Runblad and didn't think they'd need D at the time of the draft.
If they had taken Couturier then there was no need for Turris last season. Sens would still have Runblad and who knows what the team would look like.

But now with total 20-20 Dougie Hamilton #9 Pick would look sweet on the Sens blueline today.
Teresenko the guy St.Louis picked with Ottawa's pick looks really good with 2 G's in his first NHL game. Runbald trade. Of course the Sens would probably have never drafted a Russian

January 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Why isn't one of the Sens Call-ups on the Citizen Prediction Panel?

January 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

"Why isn't one of the Sens Call-ups on the Citizen Prediction Panel?"

They can't handle our awesomeness?

Let's see, where are we at right now:

Kardinal 1/1 - Exact Scores Predicted: 0
Canuck 1/1 - Exact Scores Predicted: 0
Pan 1/1 - Exact Scores Predicted: 0 (Sorry Pan)

January 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Great show. It didn't last long, but it was still a good one.

Show #8 and the season is only 1 game old. So that's 384 shows by the end of the season right?

January 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

So that's 384 shows by the end of the season right?

LOL.
I'd settle for 48 though ;-) Including the play-offs if you will.

January 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru