Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Fantasy Hockey Pool

Anyone interested in doing a Yahoo Fantasy Hockey pool?

We'd need to set it up pretty quick with the season starting on Saturday. Probably have the draft later this week.

If there is enough interest I'll set one up tomorrow.

January 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

I'm interested! I'm already in a few, and I wouldn't mind joining another league!

January 15, 2013 at 9:17 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

I'm in - let me know the details and we'll put in on twitter to grow things

Want to post what ruleset you want to use?

January 15, 2013 at 10:00 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I'm willing to join. I hope though we can arrange a time for the draft that's not too ungodly (for me that is :-) ).

January 16, 2013 at 3:39 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

im in!

January 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I'm already in a yahoo fantasy hockey league with my team name, RockYouLikeATurricane.

If we did a pool where we just pick people w/o a draft I'd be in, otherwise I probably couldn't make it.

January 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

We'll be able to give out a prize pack to the winner as well.

January 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

you can be in more than one yahoo pool spezzial. I'm usually in 3 or 4.

January 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Ok, I have created a league.

League ID#: 72186
Password: shredder

Try and put your forum name into your team name so we have an idea who is who. For example, my team is Spaceman's Stallions.

There is space for 16 teams, but I can push that to 20 if there is high demand.

The roster posiond are 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G, 4 Bench/Reserves, 3 IR spots.

It is a Rotisserie style pool. The point categories are:
- Goals (G)
- Assists (A)
- Plus/Minus (+/-)
- Penalty Minutes (PIM)
- Powerplay Points (PPP)
- Shorthanded Points (SHP)
- Game-Winning Goals (GWG)
- Shots on Goal (SOG)
- Faceoffs Won (FW)
- Hits (HIT)

- Wins (W)
- Goals Against Average (GAA)
- Save Percentage (SV%)
- Shutouts (SHO)

I have tentatively set the draft for 6pm EST on Friday. I'd like to have the draft done by Friday so that we can start with the league on Saturday.

I chose 6pm so people would have a chance to get home, but have it still be early enough that they could go do something afterwards.I'm fine with pushing it back a little bit if that is better for people.

If you are unable to Live-draft, there is the option of modifying the default draft order that Yahoo provides. You can elevate a player's ranking or add them to a do-not-draft list.

January 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Ok I'm in. I work until 5pm (6pm EST) but if it's something just online I can stay late at work to participate. (Or I can take that default draft thing and put in picks and stuff tomorrow)

January 16, 2013 at 2:13 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

We'll be able to give out a prize pack to the winner as well.

I'm not joining unless it's an Andreas Dackell, Igor Kravchuck jersey or maybe a Bobby Butler jersey. Now where could one get one of those?

All kidding aside, probably won't be able to join. Got lots to do this week and won't be home on Friday.

January 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

And in advance who wants to trade me Mike Richards for Evgeni Malkin? I did this exact trade last year (I traded Malkin for Richards) and came in 2nd place losing by only 1 point.

January 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

My original post (before it ate it when I hit create post) about the league included a joke that people could add DiPietro to their "Do Not Draft" list, or just trade him to you for Malkin later.

January 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Spaceman, No DiPietro will be selected as one of my starting goalies remember? He's always on my roster in the goaltender position!

January 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

He'll have an amazing save % because he'll never play

January 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I joined.I sadly won't be able to join the draft in person, since the draft is at 12pm for me and I won't have internet acces till Saturday afternoon. Thanks for reminding me I can change my preferred draft order, it's been a while. Let the research begin ;-)

Good luck to all!

January 17, 2013 at 3:59 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Is there an easy way to exclude all members of the Screaming Family Tree?

I'd like to do well, but I have my principles ;-). Well, there won't be many Leafers who are going to help you anyways.
Why the heck is Phil Kessel ranked higher than Spezza and Karlsson?

January 17, 2013 at 4:08 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Yep. When you go to customize your rankings, you can also add players to you excluded list. That way they won't be drafted by you/

I think there are only 3 or 4 Leafs I'd even consider drafting. As for the higher ranking, I can only assume Toronto Bias :P

January 17, 2013 at 6:54 AM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Spaceman,I think 3 or 4 is about 3 or 4 too many!

January 17, 2013 at 7:25 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Labru/Space/Pan

Great leave Lupul and Kessel for me please!

January 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Guys......draft Lupul and Kessel and hold them hostage for a trade with NAPB, or send them to the minors. All is fair in love, war, and pools. ;)

January 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Hi fellas,

Don't forget to sign up for the pool! Tomorrow (January 18, 2013 6:00pm EST) is draft time! I'm excited and looking forward to playing with everyone.

January 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I created my Pre-Draft... so I think I'm good for it auto picking for me?

January 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

can't wait!

January 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM | Registered CommenterThatAffleckGuy

Took me a few hours to pick, exclude and then rank my list. The ranking is the hardest part.

There are 6 teams now and I hope there won't be more. Don't get me wrong, I'd like as many Groundhogs to participate in this pastime. On the other hand however, one has to pick 24 players total. In a draft with 6 teams, that means 144 players will be picked in total. If you want to be sure you finish only with players you like in the auto draft, that means your list has to be at least 144 players long (for every extra team, add another 24). At the end of your list it will resume with Yahoo-ranking. There are players you like and there are players you don't like, the first you add to the list, the others you exclude. There's a huge grey area of 'meh' players or ones that don't exactly fit in your draft strategy, I don't like to exclude all those as well. We'll see, I'm already excited!

January 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru