Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens on NHLGamecentre Live?

Are we going to be able to get most Sens games on Gamecentre live? If i happen to be virtually out of the broadcast area for home games, of course,

Mark

January 15, 2013 at 7:32 AM | Registered CommenterMagicMark

So does that question mean that Gamecenter Live doesn't show all games? I'm wondering if Gamcenter Live is worth purchasing - with the $50 price tag. I live in Toronto, and the only Sens games we can see here are the games against the Leafs or early games.

January 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM | Registered CommenterSensGab

I follow two other teams religiously as well (LA and Philly) so I am wondering if I can get all Sens, LA and Philly games on Gamecentre Live?!

January 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Been looking into Gamecenter and it seems really good. One limitation is that local blackouts do apply. Also, if the game is nationally broadcast it is not available on GC.

Every Sens game is televised in the Ottawa region this year, so GC is useless in Ottawa if all you care about is Sens games. In Toronto or elsewhere, it should get you all the games that aren't TSN or CBC. Not sure if you get the TSN and CBC ones if you are in the US.

Apparently it also lets you choose which broadcast to watch. ie, if Boston is playing Buffalo, you can choose to watch the buffalo feed with Rick Jeanneret calling it instead of the unbearable Jack Edwards on NESN. Or vice versa.

I had Center Ice last year and always griped that the game I wanted to watch was low def, but it sounds like most every game is available in HD on Gamecenter (provided you have a decent enough connection). Plus it has an app for the PS3 so that is what we are going to do this year.

January 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM | Registered CommenterSpaceman

Bookmark these 2 sites for free NHL games especially if you have high speed internet:

rojadirecta.es This is a site out of Spain it doesn't always get every game but it has way less spam than the other site I'm going to type
thefirstrow.eu This site will show every game but you have to fight thru a bunch of freaking spam to finally get to the game but it's free......

You can also watch NFL, NBA, European Soccer etc. basically everything but Major League Baseball.

January 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ah, so it just carries sports then.

January 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

I had Gamecenter Live last season and was able to watch all the games that were televised and the scoreboard feeds of the ones that weren't. Huge upgrade over Center Ice in that I was able to select the Sens broadcast and was able to watch them in HD. Neither of which is available in the US.

So for fans in the US I highly recommend this over Center Ice, for north of the border outside of the Ottawa region I can't vouch for it.

January 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

I can't wait to watch a scoreboard feed from a Panthers home game! PARTY CITY!!!

January 16, 2013 at 3:52 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

LOL, that feed was horrible. Would have been better off someone streaming from their cell phone.

January 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

My god, that Florida feed was so side-splitting yet sad. I will never forget it. That was actually an NHL game. What a league! Nice job on the sunbelt strategy boys! Wasn't there a similar Phoenix one as well. Maybe it was the season before last.

It's such a bummer to fork out for Centre Ice and not get HD. I'd rather pay more and get more. Like so many people I upgraded my TV in the past little while and want to see my boys in the best resolution possible.

For a Sens fanatic in the GTA I'd really need both Centre Ice and Game Center to be assured. That's about $85/month for a 5 months. Cheap compared to seasons tickets in Scotiabank Place. That's how I look at it.

January 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Just got my NHL Game Centre configured through my Apple TV. It's not quite as HD as a CBC or SN broadcast but it's pretty awesome.

$49 for the season! I can watch from my tablet on the road too. No more fuzzy Cogeco games with the image not filling out my big wide plasma. I'm done with giving Cogeco like $32/month for Centre Ice.

January 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones