Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Never a dull moment with "The Lehner"

Robin Lehner believes he becomes an RFA at the conclusion of this season. Read the full details here

He says he won't sign another 2-way deal; I don't think anyone was stupid enough to offer him that after his performance over the last 3 years.

I hope this doesn't turn into a legal dispute and the Sens just give him a one-way contract next year. Seems like there's a loophole in the last CBA (who knows about this one, too?).

January 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

With Bishop only under contract this season, I'd expect Lehner to be with the Sens next year.

I'm sure he's frustrated to still be in the AHL and deserves a shot at being in the NHL, but he's got to stop expressing his discontent to the media all the time. It's got to make management think twice and label this guy a trouble maker. When he does get a full time gig in the NHL, what else is going to complain about in the media?

We don't need any discontent and distractions in the dressing room, we've been through that already with another goalie. We finally have a group of players working as a team and buying into the coach's system, I'd like it to stay it that way.

January 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

"We don't need any discontent and distractions in the dressing room, we've been through that already with another goalie."

God no, we sure don't. That damn Gerber was such a pain in the ass.

January 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I am not sure it was discontent... I believe he said it would be hard for him to sign a two-way deal next year, and that he believes he's an RFA next year. Fair statement.

Now that I think about it, his logic re: RFA eligibility seems correct. Him dressing as a backup is essentially dressing a skater but not playing him 1 second on the ice. So, he may have a point there --> games played + games as backup > threshold for RFA eligibility.

Let's not condemn a guy who's passionate and eager to prove himself and play. Gotta love the confidence. In all cases, he's not as nuts as "The Universe."

January 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"The Universe" should go play for the "center" of it. I'm sure he'd get along just fine with the media, nothing lost in translation or anything like that.

January 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Can you imagine the gasket Carlyle would blow with Bryz in Leafland??? He'd be out there babbling at the cameras about the vastness of the universe and tigers, all the while Carlyle would be having an aneurysm behind him ... lol.

January 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck
January 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg