Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > BSENS vs. PENS

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/senshockey?utm_source=crowd-live-backend&utm_medium=visit-channel&utm_campaign=notifications/theater

1-0 for the good guys mid way through 1st

-3 on 1 passing play Da Costa with the tap in from Silfverberg and Benoit

-Pens came out for warmup in tye dye jerseys with bubble gum like numbers... weird

January 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Oh my, Grady Whittenberg is dropping the pipe bombs (off air)! Grady argues the Sens will keep both Bishop and Lehner because Bishop is on a one-way and the Sens just won't be able to say "sorry, not this year" to Lehner. Off air, Grady says, it won't be the first time we'll be screwed by the big club! lol

Hey, know your role Grady/Bingo!

January 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

You hear a lot about the young prospects, but for my money Benoit has been incredible! Proves it again this game - joins the rush with speed, makes very smart defensive plays, just does all the little things right.

Would love to see Benoit up with the Sens as a backup for Karlsson because he has a similar game - not shy to jump up with the forwards, sometimes as a center (!), and doesn't get caught in his own zone. Would make a great one-two punch of speed and skill with Karlsson on the first pair and Benoit on the 2nd.

January 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Bob makes fun of Stone for being an empty net king... From what I can see, Stone is a great set up guy. He's able to feather some sweet passes, not so much the sniper we've seen him be for Team Canada. Remember the sweet saucer he gave to Spezza in game 5 vs. the Rangers in the playoffs? He's been doing that a lot but his teammates are not quite Spezza in terms of sniping.

January 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Again Sens Dawg thanks for these updates

I had just got into my rental car with satellite radio and heard the empty netter by Hoffman to give the BSens a 3-1 lead.
So Dawg do u think Benoit has what it takes to stay in the NHL? How big is he anyway, I don't know squat about him. Thx

January 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Benoit looks hungry and poised. Look at what Carkner did when he was given a late chance.

Benoit is listed 5'11, 188 so the knock on him is that he's undersized... Erik Karlsson, Norris Trophy - do I need to say more? (plenty of other examples of small guys kicking ass in the NHL)

Benoit is very similar to Karlsson in that he jumps on the rush (appears out of nowhere, it seems) and uses his smarts to quickly get out of the defensive end. He is smarter and tougher on defense but slightly less gifted offensively, I would say.

If he can establish himself this year with the Ottawa Senators he'd make a nice replacement for Gonchar (who can be traded away for picks or anything really). Would love to see Benoit and Wiercioch to start and see how it works.

January 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg