Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Fans Reaction

I really don't get it - all the negative reaction by so called hockey fans (on the radio, tv). The lockout is over and you mostly hear about whiny, bitter, grumpy "fans" that want to "punish" the NHL (i.e. their own hockey team) and the players. People talk about getting hurt.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's a business, if anything missing the first 34 games was a blessing in disguise: a) you have more money in your pocket, b) you have time to spend on other things, c) it has NO direct impact on you (unless you work for the team).

So, now that you have a team to watch people are going to boycott? Why? So we can hurt and possibly lose the team? It's a form of entertainment!

If Hollywood butchered a movie do you boycott all movies? If your political candidate didn't get elected do you stop voting? No!

So sick of the typical, grumpy Ottawa fan that only goes to a game if the tickets are free and then sits on his/her hands and mumbles negative comments under his/her breath all game. Oh, and let's not forget, those that leave a n exciting close game with a period or half a period to go. I HOPE those fans boycott and never come back.

January 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Somebody's got a lotta rage! :)

Bring it!

January 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Hahaha! The negativity of these fair weather "fans" feeds my rage. RELEASE THE LEHNER UPON THEM, I SAY!

January 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Just a note.., I spent more money on NHL merchendise this holiday period then I ever had. Nothing to do with the lockout, I would have anyway. So that should piss off you boycotters... Russell :P

January 7, 2013 at 3:45 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

I have no shame or ill remorse about purchasing NHL merchandise now. If I was in Ottawa I would have gone out yesterday morning, but have to wait until I return next week.

In related news, should I move to downtown Vancouver, my hotel is surrounded by condos on the tip of Stanley Park. I was in Victoria prior to today. I'm here for work.

January 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

If you are near Stanley Park you are 8-10 blocks from downtown Vancouver.

January 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Dawg, I know! I love the vibe here, sadly I am here for my job and not pleasure, although if I find a burlesque club I may have some fun.

January 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness