Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > 2013 Sens Lines

Yes, but who do you pick up? The UFA list is just awful. No wonder you have teams like the Panthers trying out Floatalev and the drunken out of shape Kostitsyn brother.

January 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Wait, Panthers have Kovalev AND Kuba!?!? If you're going to copy an idea, copy a good one!

January 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Hoffman, Silfverberg, Lehner, Bishop, Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Benoit headed to Ottawa for camp.

New, blood, downing and cheverie coming to Binghamton from Elmira. Zibanejad will dress for Bingo tonight. No idea if Petersson, Wacey Hamilton, and Claesson will remain scratches for Bingo.

January 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Wiercioch, Borowiecki and Benoit have played great in Bingo and they have been taught by Richardson so I think it's worth the gamble to play 1 or 2 of these guys Moving Forward.
The UFA's out there suck so what's the choice anyway.......

January 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Wiercoioch, Borowiecki, Benoit.......then there's Gryba had two goals tonight and played a lot of minutes, Claesson who's only 19 but a guy to keep an eye on for the future, and Tyler Eckford who's have a great season -- there is depth to draw on in Bingo, and I think we'll do better with what we have in our system rather than looking at a UFA that went 2.5 months without any team being interested.

January 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I thought Turris had his best games on the few occasions he didn't play with Alfie. He seems to defer to Alfie when it comes to puck control. Alfie did his best work with Karlsson, Spezza, and Michalek. My fantasy would be that Turris plays with Silfverberg and it works out great.

I can't wait to get my heritage jersey on to watch the first game.

I'm worried about Anderson too. We've got lots of goalies though. I think we all need to chill out about Anderson.

I'd love to see some of those Bingo d-men make it. Benoit looked solid when I saw him on the big team in the past. There was no room for him so he had to go back down last year.

January 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Andre Petersson done for the year. To have the same hip surgery as Cowen. Shame cause he was playing great! On the other had, so great to have depth in the organization at every position!

January 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

should I be surprised that Stone was not invited to camp?

January 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hasn't lit it up in Bingo. Basically played on a checking line. Most of his goals were empty nets. Missed a lot of good in-game chances. Doesn't use his big frame as much as he should (to make space for himself and finish checks); prefers to sort of hide on the ice and appear out of nowhere in the low slot.

That being said, he has sweet hands and vision and set up a lot of his teammates (who also didn't finish a lot of times).

Bottom line: not ready for a shot yet.

January 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Stone also missed some games at the beginning of the season, didn't he? He's a work in progress, and I'd rather pull a Red Wings (let him develop in the minors) than a Leafs (throw him on the big team, praying he'll do something worthwhile) since we have other players we can call on .

January 13, 2013 at 1:01 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

just seems strange that last season they thought enough of him to throw him cold into a play-off game. now he's not even good enough to invite to camp. sounds like he's taken a step back.

January 13, 2013 at 1:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

That's because that decision to play him in the playoffs was totally whack!!

The decision to keep him in Bingo is a return to sanity.

January 13, 2013 at 2:05 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

When thinking about Stone, I always think back to Logan Couture of the Sharks and it took him almost 3 full seasons of Juniors and AHL until he finally made an impact on the Sharks. This after being the no. 10 pick and all the hype and now he's the one of the Sharks top 3 players it takes time for some of these guys. That's why ZBad and others it could take years until they are ready.

January 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

According to Shawn Simpson, the D-parings will be as follows:
Methot - Karlsson
Gonchar - Wiercioch
Phillips - Benoit
Borocop as 7th D.

January 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I like the latest forward lines:

Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg (duh)
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson (no surprise)
Regin-O'Brien-Condra (really like this line for secondary scoring and shut down line - lots of speed, hockey smarts and skill)
Greening-Smith-Neil (oh baby! this line is going to run ppl over!!!! has to be my favourite!)
Extras: Daugie, Hoffman (assuming Hoffa is gone to Bingo, this leaves 13 forwards)

With the 7 dmen above and the 3 goalies that puts the Sens at the max 23 roster.

Not sure I like the team carrying 3 goalies, but may be the only way for now until they figure out if Anderson is ready, if they are trading Bishop (or Anderson), etc.

January 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

According to SensExtra it will be on D:

Methot - Karlsson
Gonchar - Phillips
Benoit - Wiercioch
Borocop as 7th

I think I like this better than Shawns prediction. This leaves only Methot - Karlsson as new pairing. Yes it's a bottom pair of rookies, but it's arguably one of the best top pairings in the AHL, they're used to one another and I think they deserve a shot.

January 18, 2013 at 3:41 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Time for new lines speculation!

ATTACK

LW - C - RW

Michalek-Turris-Alfie
Latendresse-Regin-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Neil
Zibanejad-O'Brien-Condra

Injuries: Spezza, Hoffman, Stone
Depth: Daugavins (LW), Da Costa (C), Grant (C)... They could also sign Jesse Winchester as an extra body so they don't rush one of the young players.

Comments: I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry between the kids on the 4th line, and the chemistry on the Meat Grinder line. It's mainly the 2nd line that needs to find some chemistry together.
I'd prefer if they elevated Zibanejad to a top 6 and threw Daugavins with O'Brien and Condra (Latendresse sits). They have experience playing together from Bingo.

DEFENSE

Methot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Phillips
Benoit - Wiercioch

Injuries: Gonchar, Lundin, Cowen
Depth: Gryba, Eckford, Claesson

January 31, 2013 at 6:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

You're right. Speculation time indeed.
My 2 ct's.:

I don't like the look of Dawgs second line, first line loaded too much. We've learned in '07 that isn't the solution, I like a more balanced approach.
Too bad Latendresse needs to work out in a top-6 role, so Greening isn't easily slotted there. On the other hand, I definitely don't like Latendresse's speed, so there might be a switch.

Therefore:
Latendresse - Turris - Alfie
Michalek - Regin - Silfverberg
Greening - Smith - Neil
Z'Bad - JO'B - Condra

There are some other options, as Z'bad can play C as well. So Regin better get to it, and soon. I like the look of this 4th line however. Sending down Z'bad in exchange for Da Costa would be another option. I still think Z'bad should't play against top 2 lines. Let him ease in. We're not Toronto, I'd rather 'waste' a season than waste a promising prospect, we're still in a rebuild remember. On the other hand it would be very sour if we win a cup the very year after Alfie retires. I also like Dawg's idea of reuniting K-Daug with his old line. Not in order to elevate ZBad however, I'd rather he play top minutes in Bingo.

On D I hope Gonch's injury is soon over, 2 rookies is enough.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Philips
Benoit - Gonchar

Once Lundin comes back, we're free to experiment a bit more with BoroCop, whom I really like, but seems to be lost a bit at times.

February 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Unfortunately I think Alfie will be moved up to the first line but I would prefer he stayed on the second line. On the second line he isn't playing again the other teams top line and probably not playing as many minuets as he would on the first. With no rest between games it could wear him down.

February 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

We have a new line: Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg aka the Honey Badger - Big Zibby - the Silfver Surfer aka THE AVENGERS LINE!!

Now spread the word among Sens Nation!

April 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Practice lines today at Harvard (flying to Buffalo later today):

Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Neil
Kassian-Regin-Condra

(O'Brien subbing in for Regin at times; Michalek rotating w/ LW on top 2 lines)

Def pairings:

Wiercioch-Gryba
Lundin-Gonchar
Phillips-Methot

Cowan practicing with Benoit.

April 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

what the hell is Lundin doing in there? did Hoffman leave?

April 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

the Flyers just cheated and grabbed Reimer's stick as the puck was shot into Toronto's net. I love it when the Refs suck and it all works out at least for one play

April 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Leafs just scored and just when they scored Pan was reading an email and he said "Leafs suck"--good timing Pan. (listening to podcast)

April 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Leafs lose! Leafs Lose!!!! Leafs suck too!!!!!! Schenn with the clincher

April 4, 2013 at 9:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln