Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > 'The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers'

... and in other news, I no longer give a poop ...

December 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I'm now hoping that these jackasses actually damn near kill this game and that Jacobs and Fehr screw this up so bad that franchises go under and players lose their NHL jobs--it's really now a pox on both houses. I was for what was fair for the players but Donald Fehr has said this more than once when asked about the fans of these sports. "I don't represent the fans" he doesn't that's for damn sure. What's sad is no one does.

December 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

... and in other news, I no longer give a poop ...

and I don't think any amount of fiber will help.

As for Fehr and his "I don't represent the fans" comments. No he doesn't answer to the fans, the league, the advertisers the TV networks directly. But his clients, the players, all have to answer in some way to the fans, the league, the advertisers and the TV networks. Those are the sources of their salaries. Lose one of those sources of money? Well as the saying goes, S#!t rolls down hill. Do you think that Fehr will stand in front of the players if that happens?

If the players stay united behind a leader that tells fans to go F themselves, well that's the same as them saying it themselves.

December 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

... so if the players dissolve their union, Bettman will counter with suing them and having the lockout granted valid, but more importantly to his interests voiding all NHL player contracts done previously ...

... yup - all albatross-like contracts like Vinny LeCavalier in Tampa (effectively preventing them from selling the team), DiPietro (chaining down the Islanders), Luongo in Vancouver (easy to get rid of now, ain't he), the Parise-Suter combo in Minnesota (how WERE they going to pay that?), not to mention the end-run done on Nashville by Philly over the Weber contract ... all gone. Gee, that looks tidy ...

Makes you wonder if that wasn't his end-game the entire time after all ...

"... whoa, whoa ... that's just Bettman's style ... hey-ohhh ..." Hmmm ... hey Pan, you got a sequined suit and sunglasses??? I feel like shooting a video ...

December 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

so, the Kuba and Gonchar contracts would be null and v.....oh, yeah.....dammit.

December 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"... whoa, whoa ... that's just Bettman's style ... hey-ohhh ..." Hmmm ... hey Pan, you got a sequined suit and sunglasses??? I feel like shooting a video ...

btw, that's funny.

December 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The Senators don't have one bad contract in my opinion not even Gonchar--because there aren't any bad one year contracts or what's left of one year contracts.
I really hope they destroy this league now that's what I'm rooting for........

December 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln