Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > World Junior schedule

Just finished watching the game and I was right it was dumb luck and we were robbed. Forcing us to take a day off like that....

all kidding aside... Team Canada wasn't in the game. I just hate that it was a Slugs prospect that got the US steamroller going over a flat Canadian team.

I think Binnington earned himself a start in the bronze medal game. Looking forward to watch a couple games on Saturday morning.

January 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Just super disappointing. The US came out to play and we didn't, that's basically what happened. Can't blame anyone in particular although I think Shiefele had an exceptionally horrendous match and should've gotten player of the game for the U.S. I was most angry that it just wasn't a good game, I think that's what's the most disappointing about it.

About the tournament in general, I am impressed with Boone Jenner. They didn't have to keep him on the roster after he got suspended for 3 games but they did. And he didn't get a single penalty after that (definitely not to the same degree, I can't remember if he actually didn't get another penalty) and even yesterday he was at least trying really hard. Him and Strome. Gibson made a lot of our forwards look bad, but I thought those two gave a solid effort.

January 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Could have been worse. Chuckie could have been on here harassing us unmercifully.

January 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

its certainly not a 2 team race like it used to be with can/rus. parody has found int. hockey now too. sweden and the states can now win any given year and it wouldn't surprise anyone if a few other teams slipped in there too. We don't have first dibs on anything anymore.

January 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I kind of like it that way actually. Honestly when we did our 3 gold model in a row runs it actually got a little boring just knowing and expecting Canada to win. I try to watch women's hockey some time and honestly I can't stand it (absolutely no offence to women's hockey athletes) but it's because Canada and the US dominate so much the only good games at all are between the two countries. I was just disappointed the intense nail-biting game I had been expecting wasn't even a contest, I think it's better for the sport of hockey if we don't win it every single year.

January 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Did Ottawa have any prospects on any of these teams do anything good? That's all I really care about.....

January 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Oooh boy ... Canada loses 6-5 in OT to Russia at the World Juniors - first time in 14 years Canada has not medalled. No more taking it for granted, boys ... gotta put the work in.

As a Canadian hockey fan, this just caps what has been a horrible year for so-called elite hockey. No NHL, and no satisfaction at the Juniors. Here's hoping that 2013 improves from here on out ... hasn't been great so far.

January 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

The junior tournament is usually the most entertaining hockey we see all year. But whether it was because it was in Russia and most people were not watching live, it just did not have the same buzz as last year.

January 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

USA wins the Gold, who knew that could happen?

January 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TJ, Sens' 7th rounder (2012) Mikael Wikstrand was awarded as 1 of Sweden's best 3 players for the tournament (the other 2 being the captain Forsberg and their goalie). Solid two-way d-man.

With Claesson playing solid in Bingo and this guy coming down the pipe, could be a Swede blue line for the Sens in the next few years. We could be looking at Karlsson, Cowen, Wiercioch, Claesson, Borowiecki, Wikstrand - a nice combo of speed, puck-moving, and physical toughness.

January 5, 2013 at 11:11 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg