Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens Call-ups Episode 5 is available for download!

After a moratorium, federal mediation, and endless back and forth about how to define PRR (podcast related revenue), the Sens Call-ups return to Studio 65 for another episode. Well, one host stayed home in his PJs.

Sens color commentator Gord Wilson plays a role in this episode. We may be over exaggerating his contribution to this episode, but hey... it's Gord Wilson :)

The highlight of this episode is when "Boingy" from the forums joins us and talks about life in Toronto, how he became a groundhog, and the "Legends of Hockey" game during the HHoF inductions.

Oh, and we leave the mics on during the intros, outros and commercials... just so you can hear some of the intelligent babble that really happens behind the magic of studio 65. Consider it our gift to you listeners. No refunds suckers!!

December 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Loved Boingy's breakdown of leaf fans in T.O. excellent analogy.

December 1, 2012 at 11:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

great job, Boingy. you need to be a regular or start your own.

December 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Most excellent to hear Boingy on the show!

Great idea about going to the big smoke and watching B-Sens vs. Marlies.

B-Sens are in Toronto Sat & Sun March 2-3 for a pair of back to back 3pm games.
I think we should organize something along with the Red Scarf Union and hop on the bus to TO. They already made the trip down to Bingo for a home game.

December 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Good work on your podcast show,
Sounded like fun to record with Ho,
When is the next one, c'mon - don't you know?
When is the next @SensCallups show?

... just for Pan ... ;0)

December 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

That tune by puddleduck, if i could have a beer with alfie... that should be playing at SBP at each intermission.

December 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Finally had a chance to listen all the way through. MAN, is it weird listening to your own voice. Gaaah.

Thanks Russell and BSensDawg for the kind words. And thanks to Canuck, Kardinal, and Pan for having me on. That was fun. I'd love to do that again, except next time:

a) I will say 'ummmmmmm' a lot less.
b) I will make sure that my headset mic is a bit further from my mouth so I don't sound like Darth Freaking Vader when I breathe
c) I will sssppeeeeaaaak mooorrrrre sloooowwwlllllyyyyyyy.

December 3, 2012 at 6:11 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

BSensDawg: let me know if something gets organized for the B-Sens games here in March. As I have two VERY small kids at home, my ability to organize that from this end will be very limited, so I won't go promising that. But if it comes together, I hope I can at least turn up for a game and a pint. I'd love to see you.

And note to Canuck: they just opened a Mucho Burrito down the street from me here in Toronto. I think a Ghost Burrito is in order soon. But I'm sure that the heat can't compare to a good old bottle of "Screaming Sphincter" sauce from Chili Chilllie's.

Boing boing to all,

B

December 3, 2012 at 6:21 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

Def. hope to hear you back on the podcast soon. Always good to hear from a fellow die hard behind enemy lines...

I've planted the seed with the Red Scarf Union and will keep you posted on any updates.

It'll be difficult for me to make it as well, as I would be returning from a long overseas trip on the 1st/2nd. That weekend is supposed to be my "recover from jet lag / plane seat ass weekend" but to borrow a line from the always correct Bob Cole "but... who knows?!"

December 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Boingy,

unfortunately/fortunately the ghost pepper burrito was only available until halloween at mucho burrito. you'll have to wait until next year if you truly want to spend some quality time with your commode.

December 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Boingy, you were fantastic! A natural.

In fact, all of the "guests" on the episodes so far (Puddleduck, Dan in BC, Boingy) seem pretty much naturals and should consider their own contributions on the network.

Definitely love to have any of you back on. It's a little tricky to talk about stuff right now. Only so many ways to say "this lockout sucks" :)

December 3, 2012 at 10:03 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Russell,

Re: Burrito

It was popular enough that it was extended... indefinitely for now?

I've have 3 since Halloween. They are still there on the menu.

December 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Re: invasion of Marlies

LET'S DO IT !!!!!!!!

All innerer, All redderer

December 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Thanks, Canuck! Kind of ya.

Yeah, that's why I wanted to talk about things like the Hall of Fame game and the OHL's ten-fight rule. There is still stuff going on in hockey right now, even if the NHL is frozen for the time being. Casting a wider net does sort of turn the Underground from a Sens-fan podcast into a more general hockey podcast, but what the hell. Better than letting the Underground go altogether, I say.

And, you know, I think that we should keep up with the hockey world beyond the Sens anyway, lockout or no lockout. As you heard on the podcast, that is my big criticism of Leaf fans: tunnel vision. I think that you can be a screaming partisan fan of a club AND a fan of the game in general.

@ Russell: Too bad about the ghost pepper burrito. But at least I know where to find this.

Cheers,

Mr B

December 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

I should say, being from Winterpeg and having everyone crazy about the Jets last year, every single day from the day the team was announced to the day they unveiled the new jets gear, the city has been crawling with merchandise of all kinds. There wouldn't be a single day I would go to buy groceries where I didn't see someone shopping in a jersey (game days were crazy).

Now it's like they were never here at all. I'm too ashamed to wear my jersey (either one) and I have a Sens touque that I also refuse to wear (so I go around being cold). It's kind of sad, really.

For other Jets news, Evander Kane got sent home from his KHL team for not producing enough points, and so did our goalie Pavelec. So maybe this lockout will start to hurt more of the players.

At least during the last lockout 7 years ago we had the Moose, and that was actually a super fun year for us here because the AHL was in the spotlight. Now every day is just agony, especially after the momentum we had last year. Everyone here just feels completely ripped off.

December 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Sens-Jets games in Winnipeg were really exciting last year. Especially the last one where Spezza made that sick toe drag move and put it on Turris stick. Back and forth, great action. I could sense a bit of rivalry happenin there.

December 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I was at that game and it was amazing. (That was the game where I mobbed Spezza as he was going to the game and he was kind enough to sign my jersey) I was sitting w/two friends all in full Jets gear and omg when Spezza came out of the box and pulled that stunt was the best hockey moment of my life. Jets fans are very friendly to hockey fans of all kind so I got some harmless heckling, but that's it. God I miss hockey. GL at their negotiations today.

December 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

yeah, that's right. that was the game Spezza got pissed at the refs for 2 bogus calls against him so he went nuts and turned everyone inside out.

December 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I was at the first Jets game in Ottawa last season, and it was a great experience. Unlike Leafers, Jets fans are hockey fans who are fun, know hockey and good sports who would cheer for a great play no matter which side made it.

December 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal