Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > EEEEEEMMMMAAAAAIIILLLL THE SHOOWWWWWW

Hey groundhogs! We will be recording again on Wednesday. Send your thoughts to be read to us at podcast@senscallups.com looking forward to it

November 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

please come down hard on the douchebag owner of the Bruins, his team makes money and that area of the US is a true hotbed of hockey and this douche is the leader of stopping hockey, and he doesn't have the guts to come out hiding behind stupid ass Bettman to talk about it like a man. I dont' like Jeremy Jacobs even a little bit.

November 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Do you have an article reference?

November 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

tj needs a reference to hate someone?

I think tj is referring to this article he posted in another thread.

November 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

I wish I could think of witty things to write. All that I could write about is how I'm coping with the lockout. Which is badly. I tried watching NFL.. hated it. Tried watching Basketball, it was like an epileptic seizure (seriously, they show commercials in the bottom corner of the screen, music is blaring, the cheerleaders are jumping around while play is going back and forth.). Is it just because Basketball is essentially... not that exciting? There were almost no dunks... TSN Sports highlights lied to me! I thought it would be all dunking. Anyhow that's what my life has come to this winter. It's pathetic.

November 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery
November 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

well, I feel better....

November 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

*rolls eyes*

November 26, 2012 at 7:50 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

*rolls eyes*

... um, those weren't eyes ... ;0)

November 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

SD, basketball IS boring and frustrating for the reasons you mentioned, as well as the fact that there isn't body contact allowed and virtually no defensive strategies are permitted. The NBA wants high scoring, not a battle of offense vs defense. Imagine what the NHL would be like with no blue or red lines, five forwards and no goalies. That's the NBA, except they don't believe in checking either.

Homer: well played sir. And well timed.

November 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Any of you have a law degree to understand the full impact of desertificattion

yes it could force the NHL to play hockey again, but what about other items in the CBA, like suspensions, injuries, travel per-diems, etc...

If I have a contract with a company that pays a daily rate and I am sick one day, then I don't get paid that day. Would this apply to injured players? Or if a player suffers a career ending injury, then they are not able to fulfill their contractual obligations.

Currently the CBA limits fines to $1,000. Would a team/league now be able to fine a player $100K, $200K, $1M?
Would players have to pay their own air fair and hotels? Miss a flight and game, then you don't get paid?

Desertification could get ugly on both sides.

You also have to talk about Roman Hamrlik's comments and the reaction of other player. I'm sure that may other players feel the same way, but wont speak up for fear of the backlash.

What's laughable is Ovechkin's comments about Hamrlik.

"I'm not on his side, I'm not on Hamrlik's side to be honest with you," Ovechkin said. "I played last year with him and he always tells what he thinks, but right now it's not that time to say what you think. You can say that at the bar or with your friends, but you can't show you're upset to the media. Again, I'm not with him and I'm kind of disappointed in what he said."

When has OV not say what he thought without giving a damn what others thought?

What about all the recent comments from Ian White, Kris Versteeg, Krys Barch, Dave Bolland and others? If the NHLPA is fine with those comments, then they should be fine with players being frustrated with Fehr is handling things.

but in the world of unions that are supposed to represent all their members and if you're not happy with how the union is doing things you best just shut the hell up about it.

November 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Come on Homer, I did everything I could to keep from saying I hated that jackass Jeremy Jacobs. Joe Haggerty of the Boston Herald or Globe not sure which said the same thing today on a show in Boston about douchebag Jeremy Jacobs, well he didn't use the word douchebag. But Haggerty couldn't understand why Jacobs is leading this Lockout with the poor little American teams like TB, Carolina etc.
Even the SJ owners who lose money even when selling out every game wanted a small market correction to help them come close to breaking even but not a full on clusterf**k that Jacobs has orchestrated.

Homer u still have it when it comes to good video's.

Allan Walsh ‏@walsha
Name 1 benefit the NHL has offered to the players this CBA negotiation? I'm waiting.

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB
Ottawa Senators' Daniel Alfredsson: 'Every player is pissed off' about NHL lockout
Now if Alfie says it I believe him, remember that Jeremy Jacobs and his little piss poor American franchises started this fight not Alfie.

November 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hey! i emailed you and you didn't read it! how soon you get shoved aside in this business.....

December 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Oh....I read it....

December 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

hey, you did. (i was too quick on the posting trigger. heard it on the 2nd play through).

Pan, you know I love your asian ass. matter of fact, my brother adopted a Chinese girl. she's 4 now and just about your size.

I want drunk Kardinal back!

great job guys. good job involving other groundhogs in the format.

December 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

hey, you did. (i was too quick on the posting trigger. heard it on the 2nd play through).

must have been cursing off an asian dude while driving during that part of the show on the 1st listen.

Great show guys, keep it going, if there's no NHL anytime soon, maybe you can do a World Junior show.

December 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Yeah World Junior show!

December 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Pan, you know I love your asian ass. matter of fact, my brother adopted a Chinese girl. she's 4 now and just about your size.

14 years to go....

December 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan