Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens vs. Leafsuck - AHL version

Bingo plays back to back to back games Fri-Sun... Shocked they didn't get the privilege to play the Marlies on Sunday. Thought they'd keep the tradition going from the NHL down.

As usual, let's pick it up in the 2nd....

Prince and the Silver one have the Sens in front 2-1 (Carter for Marlies). Bishop in nets. Jessiman with the fight.
Got a nice little battle of ... Blue vs. White going.

November 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Worst part about it is you have to listen to John freakin Leafer Abbott (ex-Team 1200 commentator). Such a Leafer. Compared one of the Leafs to Ovechkin (???!?). Every good defensive play is interference on the Sens, etc.

Brings out rage inside that I haven't felt since I last heard a Sens-Leafs game called by their jabroni homer commentators.

November 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Toronto keeps jabbing away at Bishop play after play and after shoving Bishop into the net with the puck, Eckford shoves one of the dirty blue shards in the head. Khadri then gets all brave and attacks one of the Sens from behind.

PP Toronto - figures

November 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sens are doing an excellent job blocking shots. The Prince-Silfverberg-Cannone line is destroying the Marlies, but other than that the blue noobs are dominating possession.

November 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Abbott was reasonably good when he was here, but it seems anyone who is involved with announcing any sort of MLSE-associated game is a total and utter homer, with a side order of douchebag (hello, Joe Bowen??). It's like that's the only way to pander and console the blue-and-white faithful to keep them listening to crappy team play.

Sorry I missed the first two periods, but the third is now underway!

November 22, 2012 at 7:55 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Wiercoch scores! 3-1 for the good guys.

Suck it Phaneuf!

November 22, 2012 at 8:03 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

suck it gardiner! maybe one day he'll be as good as EK65

lovin the silverberg-prince-cannone line

lots of skill, speed, creativity

November 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Now, which of these future my-career-will-be-ruined-by-the-Leafs am I supposed to be impressed by? I've been watching, but Gardiner and Khadri are the only names I really recognize.

Colton Orr isn't there as he's a locked out NHLer, not an AHLer (just like Redden is for NYR). I guess Burkie feels bad about sending him down but not about locking him out.

November 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Over the past few games, I've noticed that Richardson is using an all-Sweden PP unit of Silfverberg, Z-Bad and Petersson, and they seem to play pretty well together. I do agree the S-P-C line is just dominating whoever is on the ice against them tonight.

November 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Toronto needs 2 goals to tie the game, and are given a 90 second 5-on-3.

Of course.

November 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

...Keith Aucoin is still playin?? Jeezas, He sure knows how to take a cross-check in the head.

November 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Come on Kardinal, you've never heard of Joel Coulbourne?!

HUUUUUUGE pad save by Bishop!!

Shortie chance (5 on 3) and ZB gets off a nice backhander - coulda scored!

November 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OMG, Abbott is worse than I thought. "Khadri tied up and no penalty".....uhh...they were going for the puck, dumbass, and Cowick got there first.

Bishop is playing well tonight. Z-bad breakaway for a shortie but stopped.

PK kills off the 5-on-3. 3 minutes to go in the game.

November 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Khadri with the blind backhand pass into the slot to a wide open Frattin.
Sens up by 1, minute to go.

November 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I'm really starting to hate hearing the name Khadri. Khadri this Khadri that. It's like a mole that just sticks out.

November 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Oh Abbott... Dziurdzinski gets in early (into the face off circle)... yet they throw out the Marlies player.... silence.....

November 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I hadn't heard Colbourne's name during the broadcast, but I recognize it. Aucoin is taking a TON of faceoffs. Khadri is getting a lot of ice time too.

The good guys win. That's all that matters. Scrum at the end of the game when it was 6-on-5 due to a blue team empty net, so Bishop goes in to put a hand on a shoulder to pull a guy out. He looked back and realized Bishop was about 6 inches taller, and thought better of making anything of it.

Suck it, Khadri. Oh wait, he already sucks. My work here is complete.

November 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

haha well put Kardinal, well put

I recognize Zigomanis' name. He seemed descent in the face offs. Long-time vet. Didn't realize the Leafs had him too.

November 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Bishop made 46 saves in the game, and it was Bingo's 4th straight win at home.

Highlights from B-Sens 3-2 win over blue team jr

November 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal