Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Charity Game in Cornwall?

Anyone have a remote interest in going to this? If it was in Ottawa sure, but Cornwall? pfft...unless someone is willing to drive me (I will chip in $$ for gas) I am staying home and not caring.

November 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I do, even if it's non-contact, it'll be a fun game to watch. I haven't seen specifics on date/place (I presume it's the Civic Complex, where the Royals used to play when Cornwall had an OHL team) or ticket price yet.

November 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

$250 ticket :p

November 2, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

The game is on Monday (November 5) at 7:30pm EST. Tickets are $20.00

Click Here to read info from Choose Cornwall

They play in Thunder Bay, then go to Northwest Territories for games in Yellowknife, Inuvik and Hay River

November 2, 2012 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

http://www.choosecornwall.ca/eng/news/488/57/NHL-players-to-Skate-at-Complex-and-Raise-Funds-for-Charity/

$20 to go, two for one tickets if you say the password, and most of the Sens roster in a small venue ... damn, I had to be working.

November 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Got my tickets to go see Alfie and the boys tonight. I will NOT be wearing any of my jerseys ... money goes to charity. Anyone else making the trip?

November 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I wanted to but unfortunately am not going. Have fun!

November 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

lovely, and I just read they are doing an autograph session afterwards.....god damn it all I HATE everyone!!!!!!!!!! beware people, I am a big life ruiner for those who cross me

November 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

"god damn it all I HATE everyone!!!!!!!!!!"

TJ, i think we have someone here you should meet.

November 5, 2012 at 6:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Puddleduck, I'm I'm section H, row 1. I've got a 1972 summit series Team Canada Jersey on.

I'm impressed with how much Sens gear I've seen so far. And lone Leafer, in a McCabe jersey of all things.

November 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Sorry for the theatrics earlier guys! Doing some prepwork for my upcomin performance so highly emotional. Im insanely jealous of those who are able to go!!

November 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Russell - Who is TJ???

November 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Who is TJ???

just a guy who's not afraid to show his emotions....

read this page from earlier this year

He also has a fear of lightning when he wears his tin foil hat.

November 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Any updates from those in attendance? How did our guys look? Don Brennan cannot be trusted as a reliable source of info - he compared Guillame Latendresse to Michalek!

November 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I will post a more complete summary of the game tomorrow, but the short version would be that it was across between an all-star game and pond hockey, but it was entertaining. The lads were obviously having fun put there, and all the Senators, incl Winchester and Donovan,, looked good, can certainly move well and their passing and shooting didn't show rust.

Biggest cheers of the night were for Alfie, Neil, and local boy (and Cornwall Colts alumni) Jesse Winchester.

November 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

The phone service in the arena was really wonky, so I couldn't post during the game nor could I access Twitter for some reason. I've linked a few pics to the tweets (@senscallups) if anyone wants to see them. They are camera phone pics, so they aren't the greatest quality. PD and I didn't meet up as we couldn't get messages back and forth until we were outside the arena.

Peter Regin is back from Europe and was playing in this game, along with Alfie, Neil, Phillips, Marc Methot, Pat Methot (announced I think as Marc's brother, but PA system was hard to understand), Guillaume Latendresse, Jesse Winchester, Shean Donovan, Travis Moen (MTL), Josh Jorges (MTL), Brian and Steven Gionta (MTL / NJD), Derek Brassard (CBJ), Tyler Kennedy (PIT), and Mathieu Dandenault (MTL/DET, retired).

In absence of a game thread, here's the best approximation of the scoring summary I could make:

1st Period:
01:40 Black goal Tyler Kennedy from B Gionta
03:55 White goal Shean Donovan from Brassard
05:30 White goal Alfie from Neil
05:45 White goal Brassard from Donovan
06:45 Black goal B Gionta from Kennedy and Jorges
13:20 White Dono from Brassard
16:59 Black goal Tyler Kennedy
19:51 Black goal Pat Methot assist Regin

2nd Period:
00:25 Black goal Jesse Winchester from Regin and Z Smith.
01:03 Black goal Zack Smith from Winchester
05:45 Black goal Jesse Winchester from Kennedy and Smith
11:03 Black goal Zack Smith unassisted
11:54 White goal Dono from Latendresse and Dandenault
14:48 White goal Moen from Phillips and Alfie and Neil (yes, this is how it was announced)
16:35 White goal Brassard from Latendresse and Dono
17:06 White goal Latendresse from Brassard
18:00 White goal Moen from Neil and Alfie
18:56 White goal Alfie from Latendresse and Phillips

3rd Period:
07:30 White goal Latendresse (penalty shot)
11:09 Black goal Zack Smith
16:15 White goal Brassard from Dono and Big Rig
19:16 White goal Dono

To give an indication of the fun the players were having: the was a "penalty call" that gave Zack Smith a penalty shot due to "hooking" by Alfie. As the call was being announced, Alfie gave the half-wave towards Smith that means "DIVER" and all the players on the ice were laughing.

November 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Couple of things to add to the game review:

- I believe that it was MATT Methot. He told me he played for the 67's for a while ...

- One of the funniest things was when they were announcing the players at the start, they'd relay their junior titles, if they won a Stanley Cup, and their current team and position ... they did this right up to announcing Matt Methot. All he got was, ... "Number 28, Matt Methot." All of the players started laughing at him and Marc started ribbing him too ... guy just shook his head and took it in stride.

- Ran into Gord Wilson and his son at the arena, had a brief chat with him. Man, is he SHORT ...

- My joke to my wife about the Moen goal at 14:48?? "Hey, it's 2007 all over again ..." Moen was with the Ducks then, and all of his assisters were there as well ... funny coincidence.

- My family was listening quietly as they announced the players, with the Habs fans and others booing as some of the Senators players were being announced ... we just shared a look and waited. Once they got to Alfie, the Habs fans behind us just started to boo ... my entire family shot to their feet and started screaming "Alfie, Alfie, Alfie" so hard and loudly, the Habs fans could only sit there in stunned silence. I will assume the audio support from my far right was Kardinal assisting with his lungs as well.

- I'm working today, but I'll post some pics I took later when I get home ...

November 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I heard Neil got the crap kicked out of him.

November 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun guys. Notapuckbunny is probably sticking pins in your voodoo dolls as we speak, eh Kards/Duck?

But seriously, couldn't they bump up those who booed players at the charity game to the front of the lobotomies waiting list? (shaking head)

November 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun guys. Notapuckbunny is probably sticking pins in your voodoo dolls as we speak, eh Kards/Duck?

Yes be afraid! I just consulted one of the websites I frequent and I typed in one of your first name/last name and location as found on your twitter profile and it said not so much good things about said individual. DM me if you want details, I am quite frankly concerned. Screenshots can be emailed as well.

November 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Meh ... I gave up on the idea of running for public office a lo-ong time ago ...

November 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

forgot to mention I don't own any voodoo dolls so you guys are safe LOL

November 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness