Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Melnyk Muzzled?

Apparently, the Euge is going to get fitted for a muzzle ...

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with what he said ... people just want hockey to start. But his sin will be breaking rank with the other owners on the wall of silence put up while the lockout carries on. Makes you wonder just how many of them share the same sentiments ...

Melnyk and the Senators are small market potatoes ... sad but true. Bettman, Daly and their eight ruling cronies will apply the screws to him just to keep the others in line ... sad but true.

November 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Yeah I dunno why either, I guess they have the "rules" though. I didn't think it was that bad either, it didn't give away any negotiation positions. In fact I think it humanizes the Owners a bit especially since the players are running around shooting their mouths off about being victimized. Bleh.... back to drinking and video games for me, something to cheer me up during this dark time.

November 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

Did they have to sign some sort of confidentiality agreement agreeing not to say anything or is it just assumed they would not talk?

November 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

There is some part of the league constitution that states that only the commissioner (Butthead), deputy commish (Daly) can speak about the league side of things with respect to the CBA. Technically, Mr Melnyk violated this rule because he talked about the CBA situation, but I don't think he'll get in as much trouble as the VP from Detroit with the 'players are cattle' comment.

Bettman doesn't want anyone speaking other than his talking points or stealing his spotlight. If I were most of the owners, I'd tell him to settle. Now.

November 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal