Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > BSENS vs. Hershey Bears

You gotta believe players in general are overpaid in the NHL. I am not talking about Crosby, Malkin, Spezza, etc. Stars that put asses in seats deserve the big money because they are the star attraction people come to see. But when you see 2nd pairing dmen, or 3rd and 4th liners getting multi-year, multi-million dollar deals you know there's too much gravy in the gravy boat.

I'd rather see some of the players' salaries cut so it can keep smaller market teams like Ottawa afloat (if they miss the playoffs).

October 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I've been catching rumours that all the owners AREN'T behind Butthead, but that he only needs the backing of 8 teams for it to be considered 'unanimous support' (I mentioned this on the last podcast, but still haven't got the exact details of the how it works out) so he's still in control. If enough teams suddenly don't support him, it could get interesting.

I think Fehr and Betty both have big egos, but while Betty is an "on the offensive" type, Fehr is more passive/reactive so he wasn't going to make the first move and Betty had no intention of making one during last season because it would detract from the on ice product (gawd......I sound like a marketing focus group.....shoot me now).

October 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Hey, that's what I'm shopping for while watching a hockey game: stinkbug control!

October 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

What a chance for Hoffman! Nice poke check by Sabourin to break up the scoring chance.

October 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

LOL!

Wow, what a chance by Hoffman and Sabourin with the poke-check. Christ, this guy can't do anything wrong tonight!

October 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

That one looked like a softie on Lehner. Blast off the face off win, left corner.

October 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Shilling gets a goal right off the faceoff win by former O-Sen/B-Sen Ryan Potulny. Bears lead 3-0.

October 19, 2012 at 9:02 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Damn, was hoping to see Stone on the first PP unit. That guy is money in front of the net.

WOOHOO!! 5-3 PP

October 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

DAMN! Puck never came out!!

October 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Commentator is right - no traffic in front of the net. :((

Seems like too much skill on this team! lol

October 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OH YEAH!! Benoit with the niiiiiiiiiice wrister under Sabourin's left arm after nice work by Petersson.

I've really noticed Petersson's speed and hustle out tonight. Small guy but lots of spark.

October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OOOOOOOH!!!! WOW!!! GRYBA just KILLED someone along the boars!!! Volchenkov/Andy Sutton like!!

October 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Just read about Shane Prince, who has yet to play for Bingo due to injury. This team is gonna be even better once he's in. My god, and embarrassement of riches.

October 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Gryba and Borocop are A-Train-like in that they do make big hits and make them count. Having them up on the big team in a couple of years (if it takes that long) is going to be fun to watch.

October 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I remember Alfie mentioning he was impressed with Gryba after watching the Bulldogs vs. BSens at SBP a couple of years ago.

HAHAHAHA! Did you just hear the arena announcer over the PA?!?! "Put the beer down. Put the beer down.... PUT THE BEER DOWN! GEEZ!"

Goaltender interference my ass. Sabourin was out for a stroll in the park and Gryba bumped him.

October 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Weak, weak call. Sabourin was over halfway to the corner and was playing the puck.

October 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

WOW! That was some heart by Z-Bad there. Shorthanded, gets hit in the middle of the ice, stays on his feet, gets it in the zone and feeds Eckford for a shortie!

October 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

OH MY HEAVENS *sorry gord wilson*!!!!!

Hershey comes down on a 2on2, Borocop takes the guy not the puck and passes to Zibanejad. He goes across the neutral zone, Hershey Dman interferes with him (arm goes up) but Dman bounces of #93 who feeds Eckford on the 2on1 who doesn't miss.

Down by one with 3min left.

October 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Some great pressure late in the game. Active D, forwards forechecking like crazy.

October 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Lehner pulled with just over a minute. Sabourin with his 40th save on Zibanejad on a couple of sweet moves and a 5-hole attempt. This kid is flying now!

October 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OH MY GOD!!!! Wiercioch is disappointing this game. He whiffed for like the 5th time this game on a simple pass.

On the other hand, Silfverberg is like Alfie among men out there when he goes through the neutral zone and smashes a shot on net.

October 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Not the BSens' best game but fun 3rd period. Again, Wiercioch, not great. But the Tyler Eckford kid looks pretty solid. Can see why he was kept in the starting lineup over some of the other prospects.

October 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

42 shots on Sabourin. The B-Sens came up a goal short, but put on a clinic of shots on goal and lots of intensity and good passing late in the 3rd. Another game in Hershey on Sunday, but Saturday night home against Syracuse.

October 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

WOW! Did not notice they are playing 3 in a row this weekend!

Sunday's game vs. Hershey would be their 5th against the gummy bears this month.

I'm loving this hockey action every night for the next 2, especially since I'm sick and won't be going out or anything.

Awesome!

October 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Check out the BSens intro vid, gotta love it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fquE_ptkAGY&feature=youtu.be&a

October 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg