Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > BSENS vs. Hershey Bears

... picking it up in early the first,.. Hershey just scores on a screened wrister from the point.

Bingo had been laying the body a lot in the early going especially Cowen, Gryba, Jessiman.

Goal scorer for Hershey cross checks one of the Bsens right after and David Dr'sky punches him in the mouth. 4on4...

October 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

All Swede line with Silfverberg Petersson and Zibanejad - NICE! I like!

October 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Zibanejad playing very hard. Surprising strong muscling opponents off the puck.
Tyler Eckford on defense, I don't know much about, but is playing very well as well. A good, big, positional d-man.

October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

OH MY GAWD!! Orlov from the Bears just hip checked Cowick over his head! Cowick does a full flip as he tries to cut in from the left wing, and Orlov just lowers the BOOM!

October 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

BSens peppered the Bears in the first with 16 shots to Bears' 6,

Now, Bears open the 2nd with a PP. Another screened shot from the point that gets through and scores over Lehner's glove with Potulny planted in front.

2-0 Bears

October 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sabourin absolutely dominating in nets for the Bears. No rebounds, no second chances. Lehner letting off some big rebounds on shots.

October 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

21 shots on Sabourin and not even halfway through....

In other game notes, hybrid icing seems to be a nice rule change.

October 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

FYI, here's the link for the game http://atdhenet.tv/

October 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Bears back on the PP, Borocop with the charging (5th in PIMs in AHL).

Hershey immediately setups up a shot from the point that barely misses. Then, they setup a sweet cross crease play, where they come of the wall, play a give n go with a guy in the slot, quickly send it to the right wing and then cross crease.

BSens respond with a counter attack where Pageau nearly sets up a shortie.

October 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Jessiman really reminds of Neil in his style of play. He's like a bowling ball hitting all the pins at times! Decent hands as well. He also likes to come out of nowhere with the lowered shoulder. Would love to see if his speed holds up at the NHL level.

October 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Did I mention I'm loving the hybrid icing?!

Refs have the option to call it if obvious and avoids the needless races where injuries happen. If too close to call, they let it happen. Common sense.

October 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Thanks for the link Dawg -- I hadn't thought of looking on that site and was bummed that the game wasn't on team1200 tonight (it's the 67s, so I can't be all that annoyed).

Crapola.....it seems my script blocker is blocking the stream, but it looks like only advertising that I've got blocked in the pop-up window.

Hmmmm

(update) w00t! Found the block that was the problem. Got it streaming now.

October 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'm a fan of the hybrid icing too. It speeds things up and it's safer for the players involved.

October 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

BSens with all kinds of pressure in Hershey's zone. Bears ice with 2 and a half to go and smartly take a TO to slow BSens down.

October 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Welcome Kardinal! Glad you are able to see the game.

October 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Best thing about this stream is you can hear the commentator during the commercials. Fn hillarious!!

October 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Da Costa's play along the boards really reminds me of Alfie. He's very smart on his angles and very sneaky when the big guys come in thinking they could paste him.

October 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sabourin was a sieve during a pre-season game but he's playing quite well tonight. He's faced a lot of shots so far tonight and he's looking pretty good. Almost like a guy who used to be in the NHL.

October 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Ha ha ha
yeah, about 30 shots on him tonight in 2 periods. He's having one of those nights.

BSens don't look to be skating all that well, but are getting better with each period.

This Hershey commentator is having quite the ball there!!

October 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

The way NHL talks are going, it looks like Jason York's prediction of January NHL hockey may come true. And Horcoff was quoted they are prepared to take the entire season off. Good job Horcoff. That doesn't make you sound like an ass to all the fans.

October 19, 2012 at 8:38 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I didn't have the sound up high enough to know what it was that "Well, now that all the world knows that......", but I did laugh when he said that.

This Hershey commentator is pretty good, but I prefer Grady's work. I think 'The Voice' (Dave Schreiber) is still down in Bingo, doing colour with Grady Whittenberg, and I think will be on team1200 tomorrow night.

October 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

... in other news... that one guy during the intermission scored like 19/20 pucks from centre ice!! WOW!

October 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Horcoff might sound like a bit of an ass for saying that, but for Bettman to say that his offer is good but that anything coming the other way "isn't anywhere near us" is more so. I thought negotiations was two groups coming together, not one saying take it or leave it. If Bettman's going to be a tyrant like last time, he could at least have the 'nads to come out and say it. Oh wait, I forgot: the focus group for #sharedsacrifice probably told him that he shouldn't sound as imperious as he wants to.

October 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

LOL!

Yeah, I heard that too! Grady is awesome. This guy is not bad, not biased like the NHL homers I'm used to (i.e. the Boston guys, the T-Bay guys, the Leaf guys goes without saying).

October 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I hear what you're saying about Bettman, but lets not forget that the owners are fully behind this mouth piece (or at least, the more influential franchise owners).

I feel this whole negotiation is so ugly to a fan that I wish it was done A YEAR AGO! Why did Fehr not negotiate then? Did he feel he wouldn't have any leverage?

October 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg