Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Episode 3 Feedback

... I dunno about anybody else, but I think Canuck and Pan need to get Kardinal drunk before EVERY podcast of the Call-ups ... gauntlet has been thrown down, StooLi! OUT-RANT THAT!!!

September 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Kardinal is the Jack Donaghy of Podcasting. he's got the deep whisper talk happening.

September 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Ha, only problem with that is that it was extremely hard to jump in ;) I had an absolute blast in this recording

September 20, 2012 at 11:24 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

lmao, that intro was classic

September 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

re: intro.

imitation is the sincerest form of screw you.

actually, the part that sounded most like me was all the stumbling over your words.

September 21, 2012 at 5:40 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

On the podcast it was mentioned that the prize was something 'suitable to worst Sens moments'
It's a Leaf's jersey, isn't it?

September 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

... oh god ... it's a SUNDIN Leaf jersey, isn't it?

September 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

oh my dear God....ITS A TUCKER JERSEY!!!!

September 24, 2012 at 5:14 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

It's a bobble head collection. Tucker, Domi, Corson and Bettman, along with a bonus Brian Burke doll with a pull string to make him talk.

September 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

"along with a bonus Brian Burke doll with a pull string to make him talk."

It needs a string?

September 24, 2012 at 6:28 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

""along with a bonus Brian Burke doll with a pull string to make him talk."

It needs a string?"

That's why he wraps his tie around his neck. Just pull on it and he goes off

September 24, 2012 at 6:53 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

You know what I just realized? We can no longer say that the Toronto Maple Leafs haven't made the playoffs since the lockout and have it mean as much as it did when the lockout was back in 2004.

September 25, 2012 at 3:34 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

We can always say that the leafs haven't made the playoffs since two lockouts.

Or that lockouts are more common in the NHL than leaf playoff games.

September 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

LOL @ Homer

Hey guys just got around to listening and u guys did a great job on this podcast, thx.

and on that intro I was like WTF??

September 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

and I'm a big replacement ref fan in the NFL and it has nothing to do with the fact I live part time up in Seattle and was in a bar with Seahawk fans who saw nothing wrong with that last call--or the bogus roughing the passer call or the pass interference call or the..... oh hell u get the point.

September 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

lockouts are more common in the NHL than leaf playoff games

Okay, that's gold right there. I think that might be even better than my personal favorite of "never been a Leafs playoff game in HD". I'm going to have to find a way to use that on a spot-the-idiot in the next while.

September 27, 2012 at 5:19 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

equally miffed with the lockout but disagreed on some Kardinal rant bullet points...

i consider the term "concession" is also a stupid labour contract dispute dumbdumb jargon. it doent really matter what happened before because at the end of the day it was an agreement. the owners didnt have to sign it, the players didnt have to sign it. they both did and both agreed to the terms and have to live by them.

the term is done and now we start fresh in my mind. they both have to come to a new agreement.

the sad thing is that the compromise is sitting right in front of them. the players are approaching it by trying to share revenue amongst teams and the owners in a manner that reflects the industry standard in the nfl, nba and mlb. by that standard, a 50/50 split is perfectly fair but they first need to agree on what is even considered revenue...

last point of disagreement was putting most of the blame on our favourite napoleon complex suffering friend, gary. He's accountable to the owners and at the end of the day the best info we have is that all owners are aligned so far. cant shoot the messanger imho... or at least not for this message!

liking the show, hope you gents keep on going despite the work stoppage*

* jk :D

September 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM | Registered Commentermcpags

i just finished listening to the latest episode....sorry fellas, was preoccupied with other things as of late, loved it as per usual..I absolutely love the Muse song at the end!

keep up the good work! if u ever want a female perspective and I promise I wont be all "while the men watch" I would like to volunteer my services. Former actress over here!

September 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I don't know... I listened and frankly your opinions still annoy me :P Maybe I just can't get the whole Neil for captain out of my head but everything you say comes across in that light.

My guess on the prize is it has something to do with douch-baggary.

October 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

I was speaking with my brother on this yesterday and we're worried now the lockout could span mutliple seasons =/
One of the reasons being that the players won't budge on the revenue sharing, as if they're assuming the revenue is still there. They're coming from the standpoint that they'd be losing 7%, and not gaining 50% because really they're probably starting from 0 right now.

October 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

They're not intimidated by your height Kardinal. It's your hair.

October 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Registered CommenterSaffron Boots

I don't know... I listened and frankly your opinions still annoy me :P Maybe I just can't get the whole Neil for captain out of my head but everything you say comes across in that light.

Systine, we wouldn't have it any other way....and for Neil as captain, that wasn't all of us that said that, I just didn't fight it.

October 3, 2012 at 6:21 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Systine, we wouldn't have it any other way....and for Neil as captain, that wasn't all of us that said that, I just didn't fight it.

Then you just accepted it, which is just as bad.

With the SU crew I tended to agree with at least one of them on a topic which made it feel like I have a voice but with you guys I disagree with all of you and that is frustrating.

October 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

Hey, if you want a voice... call up! :)

Honestly, the captaincy of the Sens isn't really a passionate topic right now.

With no hockey and regular season games (and likely a season) about to be canceled, .... that is what I think is truly frustrating.

October 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Captaincy was just an example.

October 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM | Registered CommenterSystine