Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Turris signed to $17.5M contract extension

5yr / $17.5M contract (average $3.5M per season)

I think it's a reasonable amount for a guy who's not got that much time in the league but has shown that he can be a solid #2 centre. It's $500k less than Fisher was signed for four years ago, after all, and this guy is a really good shot at a 2nd line centre and possibly even a 1st line centre in years to come.

August 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Pretty sure that last statement was just to piss me off.

August 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

we'll see. its pretty rich for him right now but if he continues to progress, it'll be a good deal. now, if we can just have a season to find out.

August 29, 2012 at 5:42 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

We'll see Systine, and with Neil as team captain playing as his wing, he's bound for 40 goals.

I can hear us drop a subscriber right now!

August 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Spezza?

August 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Seems like a lot of money for a guy who couldn't get on the ice in Phoenix and while he showed flashes of being a good player, some nights just didn't do a whole lot.

August 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Pretty sure that last statement was just to piss me off.

... I was about to dust off my poor Photo-shopping skills and add a halo to a pic of Kardinal, but then I realised just how sacriligious that would look ... and decided against it.

Last thing we need is Ms. Marjory calling in again in a righteous rage ...

August 30, 2012 at 1:31 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Turris has spent the summer in town instead of going back to Burnaby to work with the strength and conditioning coach which is possibly something that the Phoenix development didn't do for him. Hopefully he'll be a lot stronger next year and have a stronger shot. $3.5M isn't too much and the team is under the cap drastically. I think it's a good signing and he should have a better year with being in traiing camp and working hard over the off season.

Or you can ask Brian McGrattan his thoughts...

August 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

The 3.5M cap hit is until next season, this season he is still playing under his existing contract which is a 1.4M cap hit.

August 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM | Registered CommenterSystine