Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > HRR

Does anyone know how Hockey Related Revenue works? I'm confused by this. Do players get this over and above their salaries or is their salary a portion of this?

August 29, 2012 at 8:51 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

thank God. when i saw this thread, i thought human resources had finally caught up to us.

August 29, 2012 at 9:33 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I do believe that it's where their salary comes from and is used determined what the maximum and minimum caps are.

The projected cap for the season would be $70.2M under the old CBA. Under the latest proposal, the NHL would have the cap at $58M

What I'm confused about is this.

"The league's proposal did not include an across-the-board reduction (or "rollback") to existing contract values. Necessary adjustments would be financed entirely from a combination of modified contracting practices, increases in league-wide revenue and from the players' Escrow contributions."

"modified contracting practices" Is that the same as creative accounting?

How will the cap be calculated for teams that are currently over $58M if there if there's no rollback in salary? 16 teams are currently over $58M.

August 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I'm sure whatever it is Homer it won't benefit the Senators somehow

August 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln