Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Sens signing Cody Ceci to entry level contract

Curious if you folks have insight as to why organizations are signing entry levels right now - with that being a topic of chance brought up by owners. Is there a risk if they wait until after the CBA? Is this a sort of protection?

Just seems like if they raise entry level to 4-5 years one would be better to wait?

Thoughts or insight?

August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

I wouldn't read too much into it. Teams are doing business as usual until further notice.

I am not a fan of the 5 year entry level contracts though, but understand why owners would want that - cheap labour!

August 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

the Sens don't want what happened to Anaheim and that weasel who signed with Edmonton so u sign these guys when u can.

August 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

now if he had signed with Ottawa I wouldn't be calling him a weasel but he didn't and I'm biased.

August 29, 2012 at 9:43 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's different with rookies vs. RFAs. Only risk is re-entering the draft, but that would be bad for him anyways

August 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan