Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Are We Going To Have A Lockout???

For all these players heading overseas to play hockey until the lockout ends, what happens if one of them gets injured and can't play when the lock out ends? I hope that the teams don't have to pay them until they are cleared to play.

September 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

"Looking for investors for my proposed Ladies Lingerie Curling League. I can't see how it cannot be a success."

wil this be touch, flag or full contact?

September 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"Looking for investors for my proposed Ladies Lingerie Curling League. I can't see how it cannot be a success."

... not for me. If I'm in the mood to have a lady in lingerie bent over telling me to hurry up or slow down, ... I'll just stay home with the wife, thank you. ;0)

September 17, 2012 at 3:03 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

In other news, I heard Leafs fans everywhere are cheering for the lock out.

"THAT MEANS OUR TEAM WON'T LOSE A GAME THIS SEASON!"

then they went back to watching episodes of Trailer Park Boys, telling each other how much they wish they were as smart as the guys on the moving picture thingy.

September 17, 2012 at 4:08 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

/sob

September 17, 2012 at 5:00 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

whose in for a 67s game? I'm probably going on Saturday!

Curling in lingerie? Pass...hate curling, name another sport and I am game.

September 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Even during a lockout the Flyers have public informal practices. The players have to park with the rest of the public. God I wish the Sens were like this. Not that I am a stalker or anything but it would be fun.

September 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

The players have to park with the rest of the public.

Alfie: "... okay, WHO is the weird guy with the tattoo sleeves that keeps masturbating when I walk by to practice?!?"

September 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Hard not to agree with Iggy here.

Iggy

September 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Why will the owners "new" cba plan not work any better than the last cba? here's why. If small market teams had more money due to reduced player's payroll, what do you think they would do with it? yep, they'd sign more ridiculous player contracts and be right back at square 1. And you know they would.

September 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Which is why a cap on contract length is needed and each year should be equal value.

The way it works now, the GM has a need for a player "today", so he signs him to these ridiculous 13 year front end loaded deals to make it fit under the cap knowing full well that the contract won't be his problem, it's gonna be the next GM's problem.

Of course players don't want this, they would prefer to have the long term deals with no trade clauses instead of having to negotiate and justify their salary every few years when their contract is up.

As sad as it is, GMs need protection from themselves and you need to make the CBA idiot proof. Is it the players' problem? Not really. But as soon as one player gets a stupid GM giving him a ridiculous contract, then all players want their own stupid GM.

Funny how players are allowed to collude against GMs and owners, but GMs would not be allowed to "agree" not to sign players no longer than 5 years.

September 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

but even if they banned long term contracts, they'd likely just pay them even higher salaries short term. either way, the gm's will always find a loop hole or a way around their owners' deal, and then blame the players again on their own stupidity.

September 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bad news: we have a lockout.

Worse news: Healy is back with HNIC.

At the bottom of this article:

Whenever Hockey Night In Canada resumes, it will do so with Glenn Healy back in tow. Healy has re-upped as analyst, studio with the Corp through the end of the CBC’s contract with the NHL in 2014. Healy declined to confirm the news with Usual Suspects but sources say that no one could guarantee the profile Healy will get on CBC – particularly at playoff time – with Mike Milbury now departed.

September 21, 2012 at 1:06 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

In the immortal words of Lando Callrisian, "... this deal keeps getting worse all the time ..."

September 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

ugh

September 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

thought this was really cute

September 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

http://islandsportsnews.net/component/content/article/1-hockey/3443-one-on-one-with-jim-devellano-detroit-red-wings-senior-vp

... Jimbo just got the Red Wings a hefty fine for the comments in this article. Funny how Gary jumps on someone so fast for speaking out or giving the game a 'black eye' ... when their own actions speak louder than words.

September 22, 2012 at 12:07 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Butthead....errr....Bettman jumped on the Wings' VP as he wants the only voice to be heard in the media to be his. The fine is to appease his ego, which was bruised by seeing "NHL" something other than "commissioner Gary Bettman" beside those three letters. It's important to keep on message, after all.

September 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

If there hadn't been a lockout, the Senators would have been beating the Habs at the Bell Centre tonight.

Thank you, Gary's ego. BAH!

September 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

For all those players going over to the KHL...

Watch out for those trolley wires

September 24, 2012 at 5:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Holy crap! People in my office turned to look at me when I swore out loud after seeing that video.

September 25, 2012 at 3:38 PM | Registered CommenterSpezzial Delivery

First a lockout and now this?

Russell, you better stock up.

September 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

This could push him the edge.

September 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

guys I seriously don't get the bacon obsession. please indulge me...got plenty of time for stories, we have a lockout afterall!

September 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

puck, what's the deal with women their obsession with shoes?

BTW, that was rhetorical question. You don't need to indulge, unless you have some bacon...

September 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM | Registered CommenterHomer