Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Episode 2 SCU contest #1

Feel free to post a comment or e-mail us your most disappointing Sens moment. We have a great prize for the winner which will be announced in the next episode!

August 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

very disappointed when I found out Stooli was actually a woman.

August 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russel, that's a winner!

August 2, 2012 at 10:34 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

how can we forget.....when kelly was traded. its never really been the same since.

August 2, 2012 at 11:13 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Dominik Hasek pulling his abductor or groin, so that the team was stuck with beach ball Emery in the finals.

August 2, 2012 at 11:48 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

When the Cheechoo train arrived at the station?

and for when you do a "biggest satisfaction" episode... When the Cheechoo train left the station...

:P

August 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

2007 Stanley Cup Finals. The Sens dominated the first three rounds, then had to wait 9 days for the finals to start. They lost all their momentum and the refs let Anaheim goon their way to a Stanley Cup.

Then there's also when the Sens signed Kovalev. A day or two before that, habs fans were at the Bell Center urging management to re-sign Kovalev. I laughing at that with a habs fan I work with. Well it didn't take him long to find me when Ottawa signed Kovalev.

August 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

wasn't it 11 days? i'm old and drink a lot. I can't remember.

August 3, 2012 at 5:47 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Homer, you really hit the nail on the head! That wait was unbearable for us the fans!! The Sens were rusty and out of sync by the time they got on the slushy ice in Anaheim.

The Kovalev signing I always thought as a marketing move to sell more shirts/jerseys. But 2 years?!
I also couldn't believe the term that was given to Gonchar. Yikes!

August 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I think for me it was New Jersey's game winning goal in game 7 of the 2003 conference finals. I cringed as Jeff Friesen skating in with the puck because I knew it would go in. The team tried to regroup after that but you could see they were completely gutted.

August 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM | Registered Commenterdata_sprite12

Now for me it was when they traded hottie Mike Fisher!!! Total babe.....miss seeing that pretty face on the ice!!! *heavy sigh*

August 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

I feel the same way about Shannon...*sigh*

August 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

hey everyone! long time listener of the podcast and so far the new one is awesome. would love to enter this contest. the most disappointing moment or should I say player for me was Wade Redden talk about HOTTIE!!!!, I loved that guy and he turned out to be god awful. Is he even still alive? I can also add Andrej Mezaros or was he not called Mezawful?

August 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Hey Russell didn't realize you leaned that way?! Let's talk girl!!

August 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

Fisher had nice eyes thats about it, my hottie was Chris Kelly! Oh how I miss him too!!!!!!

August 8, 2012 at 8:24 PM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

Fisher is a gritty player!! I like my men gritty!!

August 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered Commenterbeach bunny

... (looks around, then down at self) ... "... dammit, now I've gotta put pants on ..."

August 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

My most disappointing moment? hmmm...gotta be that damn Gladiator Guy from the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Play-offs. (Then again, perhaps I should file this under the 'Most Embarrassing' moment category). Either way...that was the cheesiest thing I've ever seen.

August 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM | Registered CommenterAckSens

There have been some great entries so far, but I think mine has to be the Havlat for a-bunch-of-nothing trade. An excellent top 6 winger traded for Tom Preissing (gone after a year), Josh Hennessy (20 NHL games over four seasons, then gone to Europe and now in Bruins system), Michal Barinka (17 games in Bingo and back to Europe) and 2008 2nd round pick. The best part of that entire deal *might* end up being Patrick Wiercioch, who was acquired with the pick and is currently with the B-Sens.

Thanks Muckler -- that even outdid the Freakin' Saprykin deadline acquisition.

August 8, 2012 at 10:54 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I know Saprykin didn't turn out to be much - other than a nice goal in ECF against Buffalo in 2007. But wasn't he the guy we traded the rights to Kaigorodov for? I mean... in that sense, it was a brilliant trade by Muckler.

Do I have the right trade?

August 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

Damn, we never had so many of the fairer sex in here before. God help us if Ivan shows up.

Letting Chara walk away was a big one too, pun intended.

August 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Most disappointing moment? Hmmm ... it'd have to be trading Yashin to the Islanders for those Chara, Muckalt and 1st round pick (turned into Jason Spezza). We gave up a cornerstone guy in Yashin just to get three useless players ... I mean, Muckalt had a very distinguished NHL career, but who has ever heard of Chara or Spezza??? Pfft ... bad trade. That Milbury is a GENIUS!!!

August 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

whose Ivan?? I am intrigued by your comment Russell!

August 9, 2012 at 9:02 AM | Registered Commentermethottomymadness

I know Saprykin didn't turn out to be much - other than a nice goal in ECF against Buffalo in 2007. But wasn't he the guy we traded the rights to Kaigorodov for? I mean... in that sense, it was a brilliant trade by Muckler.

Do I have the right trade?

Kaigorodov was traded to Phoenix for Comrie the first time. That was apretty good deal and I was a pretty big Comrie fan, being a small guy, definitely someone I enjoyed watching from his Edmonton days onwards. Especially his fight with Colby Armstrong in the Pittsburgh series that Ottawa won

August 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

whose Ivan?? I am intrigued by your comment Russell!

I fear you'll know soon enough.

August 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell