Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Draft day 2012 - The future now

... hoedown? Did Phaneuf's girlfriend trip or something ...?

June 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Great tweets for Ceci from some 67s, Senators, and others:

@tcuma61 (former 67, drafted same year as EK65 by the Wild)
Always told Killer that Ceci would be a high draft pick. Congrats @Cecer_83 on going to the Sens. Just cant seem to escape Ottawa ‪#NHLDraft

@sprince18
So happy I got goosebumps when they announced @Cecer_83 I was hoping for that the whole way wow

Wow couldn't be happier right now love you @Cecer_83 ‪#teammates‬ for life

@kyleturris
Congrats Cody Ceci, welcome to the organization!

@flyingZee10 (Marc Anthony Zanetti, captain of the 67s and pick of the Canucks)
Eh move over chris phillips. Cody ceci is in town and he's been there for 3 yrs. Smell ya later kuba, karlson, ur cool u can stay ‪#LOVEUCODY

@ErieOtters
Cody Ceci goes to @NHL_Sens from @Ottawa67sHockey. They'll play in the same rink this year... easy scouting trips! Congrats. ‪#OHL‬ ‪#NHLDraft

@67sHockeyMom (his mother, who just joined Twitter this week for the trip to Pittsburgh)
@Ottawa67sHockey Wow over the moon with Ottawa's pick!!! Congrats Cody!! Go Sens Go!! ‪#pinchme‬! ‪#hometown

@soupy31 (Shayne Campbell, goalie for the 67s)
Congrats to my roomy @Cecer_83 on being drafted to the ‪#Sens‬ steal of this draft ‪#futurestar‬ ‪#67s

.....and from the man himself:

@ceci83
Hey, @nhl_sens First tweet as an Ottawa Senator. Proud to be part of my hometown organization. ‪#nhldraft‬ ‪#tsn

June 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Things might be interesting tomorrow.

@PSBJoyOnTheSens
Asst. GM Tim Murray tells @TEAM1200Ottawa ‪#Sens‬ will make some calls to see what it will take to get a second-round pick tomorrow. ‪#BSens

I wonder who might be interested in trading their 2nd round pick for, say, Butler?

June 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Slater Koekoek is a local boy from my neck of the woods south of Ottawa (South Mountain) Very happy for him, he went to my kids school and was a nice kid and a good student as well. Bright future for him, and you can't go wrong playing with a guy like Stamlos.

Pretty much the best story for Ottawa getting Ceci. Hometown boy, skilled player, fits a needed spot. Tim Murray sounded pretty happy when he was talking to the guys on Team1200. Seems likel everyone got what they wanted.

June 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

99 Carolina Hurricanes Erik Karlsson C Frolunda Jr. (Sweden)

how did Ottawa let this guy go?

June 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

The Senators organization realized they'd be stuck with Bob Cole for another few years and didn't want a lawsuit from the CBC when Mr "Oh Baby! What a Dandy!" has a stroke after trying to call a power play with Gonchar / Karlsson / Karlsson / Alfredsson playing on it.

7 spots after EKjr went to Carolina, the Senators picked TIm Boyle, the younger brother of Brian Boyle of NYR. I wonder if there will be a sibling conversation about "don't piss off Neil or Carkner".

June 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

The Senators organization realized they'd be stuck with Bob Cole for another few years and didn't want a lawsuit from the CBC when Mr "Oh Baby! What a Dandy!" has a stroke after trying to call a power play with Gonchar / Karlsson / Karlsson / Alfredsson playing on it.

... that'll only hold it off until the first Carolina/Ottawa game ... then he'll be f@&#ed ...

June 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Full breakdown of Sens picks:Picks

June 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Brian Kilrea on #Sens pick Cody Ceci: "He'll be one of the top defencemen in the NHL... If you like Drew Doughty, you're gonna love Ceci."

wow! if Killer says it then that's good enough for me!

June 25, 2012 at 9:19 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell