Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Lehner, Z, Nash rumours

Kyper just tweeted that Lehner's name is rumoured in a potential Nash trade. Z-bad and the 1st are the other pieces.

This scares the shit out of me. I don't want the first goaltending prospect this team has ever had traded away.

What do you guys think of that potential trade?

June 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

Wouldn't be the end of the world, but doubt that's all C-Bus wants. Plus, is Murray not going to send ANY cap the other way?

Spezza's been looking for a similar-skilled forward since you know who... A line of Milo - Spezz - Nash would be interesting.

June 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Looks like Lehner would be in, but that would keep Foligno and Bishop. Still, I don't like it and would be more interested to see what Anaheim would want for Bobby Ryan

June 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Interesting thought about the cap space. Ottawa does have plenty right now as far as I know so they can take on the contract. I don't mind seeing Nicky figs in that deal. My big concern is Lehner, I'd hate to see him moved. I would rather have him then bishop.

They are talking about drafting a goalie I wonder if they see anyone with Lehner's potential.

June 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterCuckelson

Yandle is available. i think that would be a much better move for Ottawa than Nash. D was the problem last year, not scoring.

June 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hjalmarsson the 6'3' 210 Defenseman from Chicago is supposedly a target for Ottawa for Zack Smith and a draft pick too. Yandle is awesome and will cost a lot more than Zack Smith. He's also Swedish which with this organization is a major plus
Nash Hjalmarsson Ryan or Yandle those guys are all very good and shows that Murray wants to start next year taking another large step toward contending and not rebuilding any longer.

June 22, 2012 at 1:34 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Looking at Murray's track record, he likes to make his big moves early not when the hype is at its apex (i.e. tade deadline, draft).

I expect him to stay pat on big deals and add veteran D-man (not superstar) on the blue line to replace Kubes.

June 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Almost got a tear in my eye after reading Lehner say this:

“I have one job, and that’s to stop pucks, and try to stop as many as I can,” he said.

“That’s all it comes down to in the end, anyway.

“They’re doing the best they can for me. They don’t try to go against me. They’re trying to develop me (to be as good as I can).

“I’m an asset to them and they want me to be as good as possible.

“You know, you’ve got to trust them, too. They’ve got a lot of hockey experience. I’m only 21. I don’t know that much. I’m just eager to play, eager to improve myself.

“I’ve been shooting myself in the foot sometimes, taking a couple of steps back,” he admitted. “Now I’m trying to go forward here and it’s going to be fun.”

June 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg