Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Alfie's last game?

May 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"say it ain't so" --> kind of ironic coming from SU (former) host :P... just kidding (but not really)

I can't believe the Czechs beat the Swedes. On the bright side, Alfie, Karlsson and the Silver One can now rest up for next season.
I would have liked to have seen Milo score some of those goals vs. the Rangers, but whatever.

May 18, 2012 at 11:54 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

It's not that big of a surprise that this story comes out at this time and here is why...

The Sens didn't go deep into the playoffs and Alfie took the chance of playing in the Worlds as perhaps one last chance at winning a championship. Of course his 1st choice would be with the Sens, but if that wasn't to be, then the Worlds are the next best thing for him.

He is not calling calling it quits for sure at this time, you have to remember he is saying this after a heartbreaking loss in the final minute of a game to get eliminated at the Worlds.

Give him some time to digest things and get over losing out in the 1st round of the NHL playoffs and this loss at the Worlds. In a month or so he could easily say that he wants to come back for one more season. I'm sure that in sometime in July he'll have a good idea of which way he is leaning and will let Murray know do he can move on an try to find someone to take Alfie's roster spot.

May 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I would like to point out that that's a very rough translation from canoe sports. A more accurate translation from the Swedish is this could be my last tournament game.

Now This might be clutching at Swedish straws and wishful thinking, but to me that sounds like him saying he doesn't think he will play in an international tournament again.

May 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

and Don Brennan would "never" sensationalize a story like this.

May 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Alfie taking example from Lidstrom might not be such a bad thing. I hope he does actually!

It means that he'll play until 42... which would mean at least 2 more seasons!

I know he has to listen to his body, stop on a high note and all. Sure I would respect whichever choice he makes. But I do soo much wish for him to win a cup. With this bunch of guys... 2 seasons might just do it. Fingers crossed!

June 1, 2012 at 3:05 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru