Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Trade Anderson?

I just saw this article and wanted to know what people think:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/05/04/19719766.html

The voices in my head are telling me it makes sense but my heart says "No way!" If anyone gets traded, it should be Lehner.

May 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Dumb.

May 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

Don Brennan... yeesh.

dumbest idea ever. Unless it was straight up for Ovechkin - who clearly needs a change of scenery and a developing coach.

Good goalies don't fall from trees

May 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

It only took us 25 years to get a real goalie. Let's trade him.

Never go full retard.

May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

yeah the perfect time to trade Anderson is when Luongo and TimThomas could both be on the trade market too.

May 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It only took us 25 years to get a real goalie. Let's trade him.

so true. can we at least have 1 full season watching bishop before we crown him the starter? the ottawa sun...spewing forth stupidity on a daily basis for 20 + years.

May 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

From what I have seen so far, Ben Bishop is the real deal.

And we had been looking for a goalie who can steal wins in the regular season (and a game or two in the playoffs as well). Anderson is that guy!

I think Lehner is the odd man out. I think he will be a great player....for someone else.

May 5, 2012 at 5:51 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

I totally disagree with this. The top priority in this off season is to acquire a top 6 forward. Trading Anderson would be showing that the team is in rebuild, and you can't acquire top free agents with that mentality. The other two goalies add risk of maybe flubbing, and each game could be more of a coin flip. StooLi also mentioned it in the last episode that Lehner has no option being 20 and promptly of the team for the next 5 years+. Bishop always is a flight risk as he has a one year deal then UFA.

If Melnyk has the cash, I'd make a huge push for Parise and Suter coming July 1. They are apparently looking to come as a package deal and Ottawa is a competitive team with cap space to spare. Anderson is a key to these types of acquisitions.

May 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

as much as I'd like Parise and Suter it ain't happening for Ottawa, for one they are not spending what it takes to buy them because they have a plan moving forward. It's nice that they do have a plan too.
Parise and Suter if they go as a tandem it will be either in Detroit or Minnesota due to family reasons and winning reasons. That's if NJ doesn't come up with the $$$ which Lou L. of NJ has said he will do whatever it takes to keep Parise. Suter could end up anywhere.
Ottawa has a plan and I'm betting it ain't moving Anderson so just ignore that article it more than likely won't happen.

May 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Brennan's as stupid as he is ugly.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e8K5j1xoTmQ/TP3G6JejtJI/AAAAAAAADuU/obYljx5uYIM/s1600/DonBrennanBruceGarriochSensTownBlogTicketGiveaway3.jpg

Yikes.....

May 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I loved Lehner's style in the net earlier this year. Then Bishop came in and I thought, awesome, this guy's more than ready right now. Then Anderson's hand healed and he went back in and I saw what a real NHL starter looked like. It was quite the contrast.

BIshop and Lehner need to develop. Bishop as a n NHL back up and Lehner as an AHL starter.

May 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

I think Lehner is the odd man out. I think he will be a great player....for someone else.

That would IMO start a disturbing trend. Trade away promising (Swedish) prospects. Could send out a wrong signal about the organisation. (Nothing wrong with the Rundblad trade BTW, allthough I expect to see great things from him). Lehner has at least proven himself in a (AHL) Play-off situation. His work last season is not to be taken into account too much. Look at the team that played in front of him. Since I don't believe goalies are in their prime when they are under 25, I say keep 'em all. Let Bisshop prove himself as a backup and give it another look at the trade deadline next season. After watching last season everybody seems to think they have finally shed the goalie curse. Might be true, but I won't be surprised if some freak injury happens. Hell, Andy even proved that this year. Luckily the consequences weren't too bad. Could be worse next time. We seem to have a solid trio, we're still building. Keep 'em all! It's not like the rookies cost the world or anything.

May 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Don Brennan's takes are brutal at the best of times, and this is nothing more than a "stir the pot to get some attention on me since I'm rarely invited on TV or radio like Garrioch is", and a lousy stir at that.

He's a bit like a Rob Ford but for Ottawa: sound and fury, signifying nothing.

May 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Brennan's an attention who**... don't pay attention to what it says.

May 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Seen this? It's an old one I know.
Cover Ottawa Sun

I didn't know newspapers did contextual advertising as well.

June 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

anderson tweeted about that one. he thought it was funny.

June 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

The few games we saw Lehner with the big club last year he looked good, but not 100% ready.
The organization has created nice depth in goal:
- Anderson the experienced vet at #1, has the team's confidence
- Bishop a talented, seasoned and ready to be tested
- Lehner still needs seasoning and to learn to win and lose without blowing a gasket every time (love his confidence, don't like his over aggression)

June 2, 2012 at 11:44 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I miss watching Sens games.

I really like my heritage jersey too.

Can't wait for September.

June 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

i've completely lost interest in hockey since the sens were beat out. maybe its the style of play we;ve seen but i think i just loved this year's team so much, i can't watch another team now.

looking forward to next season.

June 2, 2012 at 6:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Draft is not too far away... hopefully Sens get some nice prospects again. I hope Cody Ceci drops to 15th and the Sens take him. I liked what I saw this year from him on the 67's. Showed flashes of a Drew Doughty.

June 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I hope Cody Ceci drops to 15th

If not, that means the teams above us passed on some very promising defensive prospects. I'm really looking forward to the draft, on the other hand, when it's done I have nothing to look forward to than training camp, so I wouldn't mind waiting for the draft till begin august or so.

June 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru