Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the play-offs

don't know how but the Rangers made up a 3 goal deficit to tie this game, I'm for the Rangers cause it makes what Ottawa did all the more impressive especially if they can make the Finals. The Sens were a lazy Michalek penalty and a really bad refs call on the 5-3 goal from beating these guys.

May 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I hate the Devils

May 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Eff the Rangers and their "brand" of hockey. Devils all the way. Beating the Rags will feel like finally removing that old, crusty stain off the bottom of the frying pan you burned last week. Good riddance! ... Sorry, TJ.

And all the better, cause it felt like CBC was calling a funeral when the Devils won. At 3-3 Hughson was like "the Rangers need one more goal" (as he was waving his towel in the air).

May 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Gotta think the Kings GM is very pleased he didn't opt to go after 'the doucher' a few years back!

May 25, 2012 at 5:02 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

YESSSSS!!!! Suck it, Tortorella!!! Suck it, Boyle!!! Suck it, Gaborik!!! Suckitsuckitsuckitsuckitsuckit, New Yorkl!!! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

... I've been waiting TWO freaking rounds for this moment ... can ya tell?!? The Sens were the better team, you shot-blocking yokels ... glad to see you gone!

In other news, congrats to Marty and the Devils. It'd be a great way for Marty to retire, but I don't think it's gonna happen that way. LA in six ...

May 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Nothing to see here. Just saw the tweet about O'Dork in the other thread.

May 29, 2012 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

just saw Kopitar score the game winning OT goal in game 1, and can't help but think a certain ex-Ottawa GM somehow thought BrianLee was better than Kopitar.

I hate Muckler and the Devils!!!!!!

May 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That draft year was a fiasco. Mark Staal was available. As were Tuuka Rask, James Neal, ME Vlasic, Letang, Quick, Ben Bisshop, Keith Yandle and Niklas Hjalmarsson. Okay, some (actually most) of them are later round picks, but just to show what was up for grabs!

Did you know: we picked Vitaly Anikeenko in the third round? Lazy Russian I guess :)

Other picks that year (2005): Cody Bass, Ilya Zubov (another one of those), Janne Kolemainen (bet Pierre loved him, if only for the name), Tomas Kudelka, Dmitry Megalinksi (yup, them again) and Colin Greening in the 7th round!

Muckler really loved them Russians! There were 11 Russians in the whole draft and we picked 3. Speaking as a Western-European: Russia is not Europe (to me that is. Man would I have been in trouble with my Geography and History teachers).

May 31, 2012 at 5:19 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Sh#t, I tried to post quite a long and IMHO funny post about the drafts in Sens history. Browser f#cked it up. Hour of my life gone I'm never getting back. Kinda too frustrated to start over though!

May 31, 2012 at 6:39 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Labru, don't make a geography mistake. BBC Alex will be all over you! trust me!

May 31, 2012 at 8:31 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

What if they held a stanley cup final, and nobody cared?

May 31, 2012 at 5:07 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

You mean like this year?

May 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

What if they held a stanley cup final, and nobody cared?

What! I thought the only hockey played this year after april was at the IIHF World Championships.

Meteorological we have short summers here, but hockeywise they're darn long. Thank God for the Olympics and the European Championships!

June 1, 2012 at 2:49 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

BBC Alex will be all over you!
It might be a good thing that my post got lost, he might not have been the only one to be all over me. There were some insults in there that made me put a disclaimer in it. Just to protect me from the Russian mob.

Is it a mistake if you consciously say something that's factually wrong? Or is that too philosophical for a hockey forum? :)

June 1, 2012 at 2:55 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

"Is it a mistake if you consciously say something that's factually wrong?"

Stooli, you want to handle that one?

June 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i must say, since the sens were beat out, my liver is healing up nicely.

June 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I've only seen the Kings in some highlights on NHL.com. But with what I've seen from Quick so far; I'm starting to doubt the Sens could've made it past the Kings, if they'd won against the Rangers.

June 5, 2012 at 4:55 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Anyone see A-Trains face last night. Hockey players are tough.

June 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Watching 10 minuets of soccer make you say thank god for hockey.

June 11, 2012 at 12:16 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

no I can't answer why we Californians don't boo Bettman like every other place that wins the Cup

June 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

So while half-watching the game from the second period last night it became evident that the reffing was pretty poor. "Hey", I says to myself, "I wonder if that's O'Rourke reffing tonight". But never heard from the announcers who it was. Well this morning while reading an article about Bernier feeling like crap for costing his team the chance, guess who it was with the ornage stripes last night. Yup!

I don't even know what to say. The worst ref I have seen in recent history is given the Stanley Cup final? Buttman, what goes through that howdy-doody little head of yours? Seriously...

June 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

i think back to when ron mclean said that if he had a game 7 final, o'rourke would be the guy he'd want. well, how's that working out for you?

June 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Did they also not trade up to pick Lee?

June 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

No, Lee was taken 9th overall and that was Ottawa's draft position that year. Ottawa also picked Cody Bass (95th), Ilya Zubov (98th), Tomas Kudelka (136th -- he was in Bingo for several years and is now in the KHL) and Colin Greening (204th) that year, along with a few names I don't recognize. This was the "balls in a hopper" draft that ran via the snake system (1-30 and then 30-1 instead of repeating 1-30 each round) as it was the lockout year so there were no standings to base it on.

June 13, 2012 at 12:23 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Seems Dean Brown is concerned about a player strike next year. Never have given that much thought. That would totally suck; not only for the Kings, but also for us fans.

How real is this possibility? I've only been a fan since after the lock out, so obviously I don't know what it is for a fan.

June 13, 2012 at 2:52 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru