Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Around the play-offs

so, as I mentioned in the last show, the Stache said you don't defend your way to a cup, you score your way to one.

really? anyone watching the play-offs agree with that?

May 4, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I think Gillis the GM of the Canucks had it right when he said they should just call the game "Goalie" with the way these games are being played in the 2nd round. watching MikeSmith in this Nashville game just reinforces that too.
It's a little tedious to watch at times but there are scoring chances but just not many goals.

As much as I like the Stache can't agree at this point.

Ice girls would be great

May 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

we need ice girls.

and beaver tails.

May 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

and beaver girls.

and ice tails.

May 4, 2012 at 11:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Girls with big teeth and cold.....?.... never mind.

May 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Let's see it's Sat.nite in the NHL and there are no games scheduled and 4 series going on. makes sense to me that the best nite for ratings in Canada is dark, I realize NBC dictates this but there are not enough people in the US who give a rats ass to shutout Canada on a Saturday nite.

May 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That Caps meltdown really reminded me of Game 1 vs. Buffalo in 06 playoffs when RayEmery went to cover the puck with around 9 seconds left and the Sens up by a goal that BryanSmolinski had scored on with less than a minute remaining in a 4-4 game. Sens up by a 5-4 score and he couldn't cover the puck and a Slug scored went to OT and the Slugs won right away in OT and the Sens never recovered.

Just like tonite's game and I bet the Caps don't recover from that meltdown.

As u can tell that f**king 06 game still pisses me off, anybody else remember that game?

May 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

TJ, you don't have to remind me about Game 6. I was there and like I said before lost my voice screaming to cheer the boys on and then at the refs (as everyone else did).

And that Buffalo game - absolutely insane game, absolutely wrong outcome. A true playoffs classic with goals back and forth. Freakin Emery... you had to remind me.

May 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Game 6 was the close out game where Pominville danced around Alfie to score the winning goal while Ottawa was on the PP wasn't it? Hated that game too.

May 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Yeah. I've never seen an arena clear out so fast after that goal. I blame the goal more on Emery - couldn't shut that 5 hole. Same problem a year later in the finals.

May 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

also Chara and Havlat's last game as Senators :-(
Ottawa was the first NHL team to be killed by the cap until teams figured out u could front load contracts and skirt the cap.

I'm pretty sure I predicted before the season started that Phoenix would play LA in the West Finals. :-)

May 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

We as a group would have went ballistic if that short handed goal that was just scored by the NYRangers had happened to Ottawa. The ref says he lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle. Yeah he lost sight of the puck because it was under the goalie in the net. They waved off the goal that would have made the score 3-1

May 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

yeah, they blew that one but it didn't affect the outcome.

if anyone knows how to beat the rangers, let me know, they play near perfect defence and never beat themselves. i hate it but can't help but admire their commitment to do anything to win.

May 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Dislike the Rangers, but really like Lundqvist - class act all the way.
In any case, the Devils will be too much for the Rangers and the 2 game 7s will show their toll on the Rags

May 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

clue me in here. what makes everyone think the devils can beat the rangers?

May 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

"clue me in here. what makes everyone think the devils can beat the rangers?"

Answer: the Devils don't beat themselves, they don't take big risks, they don't make huge errors and they are disciplined

Can't wait to see A-Train paste one of the Rangers

May 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

When was the last time the Devils went into a game or series as the more exciting of the 2 teams?

May 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

"Answer: the Devils don't beat themselves, they don't take big risks, they don't make huge errors and they are disciplined"

you could say pretty much the same thing about the Rangers.

May 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Hmmm ... with the Rangers and New Jersey being such abysmally mirror-like images of each other, maybe they will be like a walking paradox and 'blip' each other out of existence ... let Phoenix and LA play for the Cup ...

May 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

I have lost my interest in the playoffs for this year. The teams left are completely uninteresting.

May 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

now this is the Antoine Vermette I remember with the Sens tons of great scoring opportunities but never freaking scoring.

May 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I've been a Kopitar fan since day 1 but I've never expected him to turn into the dominant player he is today. Mind you, he's got quite the team, but he's just a machine out there! I hope the Kings take it all this year.

LA vs. NYR would be a great final for the league... with LA taking it in 4 :))

May 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I really hope the devils eliminate the rangers. I am sick and tired of Turdarelli's act.

May 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Dawg sez: I've been a Kopitar fan since day 1 but I've never expected him to turn into the dominant player he is today.

But....but....Brian Lee was a better pick in the 2005 draft!?! Oh, wait.....

May 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

don't forget Mark Staal was taken after Lee and if that idiot stupid sh*t Muckler was looking for a defenseman he had a Staal brother right there for the taking, I couldn't believe he left Mark Staal on the board.
I sure hope that we don't regret the ZBad pick before Couturier this past year.

Sometimes these guys out think themselves when the obvious pick is right there

May 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln