Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Who's your play-off mistress team?

now that the Sens are gone, who are you all pulling for to win it all? I guess I'm going for the Pred, well, for Mike Fisher.

Whoever, I always like to see a new team win, one that hasn't won a cup yet. Just as long as it isn't NJ or the Rangers!!! No love for Philly, either.

May 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I hate em all!!!!

May 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Nobody...

May 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

tjlincoln: " I hate em all!!!! "

... why, oh why am I not surprised ...

May 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Don't care. I haven't turned on the TV since Thursday night. Or had a beer for that matter. No wonder I'm so grumpy!

May 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

I can't follow it after my team is done. I just get started looking at the prospects for the coming draft, thinking who might be a good fit for us & who might be around when we draft (at 15 I think?).

If anything I'm more interested in watching how the Senators players do @ Worlds, esp Sweden with Captain Alfie, EK65, and Silfverberg-er.

May 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM | Registered CommenterDarcy Loewen

I've watched a few games, but not with any real interest ... if there was any team worth boosting right now, I'd have to go for the Yotes. The most Canadian players of the remaining teams, good ole Antoinne Vermette (who's lighting it up, good for him) and of course our very own local Verona boy Mike Smith (who has also been lights out) ...

... but that also means I'm cheering for Bettman's little club. Ugggh ... choices, choices ...

May 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

tjlincoln: " I hate em all!!!! "

... why, oh why am I not surprised ...

Damn, I'm going to miss you guys. LOL.

May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Duck: Crosby's out, so you know Bettman didn't get everything he wanted. I hope that makes it a little easier.

May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

Turned the game on for about 10 minuets last night but just couldn't deal with anymore Bob Cole. May watch more later but really don't care right now.

May 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Philly in the east... but after last night, wow, what a stinker! Jersey actually looked half entertaining!

The winner of Phoenix and Nashville in the west - want to see Vermy or Fish raise the cup.

May 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

The only interesting final would be LA Phillie with Richards and Carter going back and a lot of players now being big parts of the Flyers.

May 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

In the East, I'm hoping for Washington because I don't like the Rangers after our series with them, I'm not fond of the Flyers and the Devils are the Devils (although of late their hockey has been more exciting than before). I picked the Kings to go far before the playoffs started, but I'd be happy with them, the Yotes or the Predators making the SCF.

May 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

holy crap 3 ot in nyr-wash game!

May 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Wouldn't it be funny if it was NYR vs. NJD in the East finals .... and NJ turned out to be the offensive team in that matchup.

I can't believe the Rangers stole game 3. Washington had some Ottawa-like misses and Lundqvist robberies.

May 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I had planned to follow the Rangers as I'd already watch 7 of their games. But I couldn't give a crap who wins from here and only watch highlights. Give me break on this one. I've probably watched 55-60 games this season in total.

I'm going to try to watch Alfie and the kids over in Europe.

May 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Elliott has reverted to last season's Ottawa form when he was leading them to Gabriel Landeskog territory.

May 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

just saw that TJ. that's the Elliot I remember.

interesting that he was so good all year when halak was carrying half the load. now that its all on him, he's faltering again.

May 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I bet the Blues wish they had Bishop right now. :) Can't have him back! Muhahaha

May 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Seems some Leaf fans had their own mistress team:

Link

That's the way. First it's just the play offs, the Leafs won't be there for years to come. Work from there. Plant the seed and convert 'em from the dark side one at a time.

June 1, 2012 at 7:39 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

My AHL mistress team is the Admirals. Not that I know anything about them, but since they're playing the Marlies... They're up 3-0 so it's looking good. They went far, but if they're swept in the finals, it won't build too much confidence. I like what winning the cup did to our B-Sens last year, I'm just not ready to allow the Screaming Tree Nursery the same...

Did you know...? Assuming that Marlies is plural for Marly.

Def. Marly
noun
1. any loose, earthy, crumbly deposit

To me that's excrements from screaming trees for ya! How fitting.

June 8, 2012 at 2:54 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

'The Toronto Excrement' ... I like it.

... now they just need a logo ...

June 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Toronto maple feces aside, this "new" devils team has not come close to doing enough to make me forgive them for all those years of destroying the game of hockey. No offence, Marcus.

June 10, 2012 at 1:03 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell