Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Final Show: locker clean out day

The takes on the upcoming 2011-12 season in Episode 1, Season 7 are PRICELESS!
StooLi "...hey, don't get me wrong, I would love for this team to win... to get into the playoffs, and exceed expectations... i just don't think they could do "
"getting a draft pick is all this year is about" :))

what a year it's been

May 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

yeah, fyi, he wasn't always right.

May 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

the wife just reminded me that when i first started this show, she was a stinking habs fan. I got her to come over to the Sens. I had forgotten this and i'm proud to say I've made yet another woman "switch teams".

May 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

yeah you and George--or was it Jerry?

May 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

It's over...

I'm a Sens fan from Vancouver (Canucks Suck!). I'll still be a Sens fan next season, but it won't be quite as much fun without the Sens Underground. I have no friends who like the Sens, so you guys were my friends when it came to talking Sens.

Thanks for the seven years of making hockey season all the more enjoyable!

Ronn Roxx
Surrey, BC, Canada

May 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM | Registered CommenterRonn Roxburgh

Ok... who immediately went into withdrawal after listening to the last episode, and downloaded a past episode to make you forget?!

I listened again immediately. Does that count? 5 hours of my day gone and nothing done, how's that for coping... OUCH!

May 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Shredder needs to post everything starting at S1 Episode 1 so we can all be in denial for another 7 years...

May 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

All I know is that those classic Emery rants were EPIC! They still make my blood boil. lol

May 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

On Twitter I have already offered to seed a torrent with all the podcasts. Once I have the really old stuff, I might even make a new compilation. Would take some time, but would definately be fun and ease the pain a bit for the new season!

May 8, 2012 at 2:48 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

I randomly picked S4E17 -- what a difference a few years makes. This was trade deadline day when Vermette was traded for Pascal Leclaire and Kuba was re-signed. A little known fact from this episode is that Russell considered Dion Phaneuf to be, and I quote, "one of the toughest guys in the league" when Spezza dropped the gloves with him after a few cheap shots in a game in Calgary, and there was an excellent interview with Dean Brown about the deadline moves.

May 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Labru, what's your twitter account?

May 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

"Shredder needs to post everything starting at S1 Episode 1 so we can all be in denial for another 7 years..."

Great. 6 seasons of goalie rants.

May 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I'd love to hear all of those old podcasts. I started listening only in Season 5.

May 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

... finally got around to listening to the last Underground podcast last night - I was putting it off, to tell the truth ...

Great moments, great discussion on the last game ... no shame in this year, just gotta move on and look forward to the next one.

Thanks, guys ... I could hear in your voices how hard it was to end this podcast. Well, except for StooLi ... he sounded a little more like, "... can I club the puppy now? How about now?"

May 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

Thanks, guys ... I could hear in your voices how hard it was to end this podcast. Well, except for StooLi ... he sounded a little more like, "... can I club the puppy now? How about now?"

and it also sounded like Mrs Shredder bought the club

May 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Give it a week or so of all the extra attention their wives will be getting (if you know what I mean), and they'll send the boys back to the microphones :)

May 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

My Twitter handle is @arjanlabruyere

I gotta warn you though, I'm not that active there. And of what's there only a little is in English (or about hockey for that matter).

May 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

Give it a week or so of all the extra attention their wives will be getting (if you know what I mean), and they'll send the boys back to the microphones :)

Kelly?!?!?

May 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

"A little known fact from this episode is that Russell considered Dion Phaneuf to be, and I quote, "one of the toughest guys in the league" when Spezza dropped the gloves with him"

I DENY THAT!! ITS A DIRTY LIE!! THAT WASN'T ME!

May 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I just checked the Brandon Wheat Kings home page to see how Clouston did this season. Looks like he had a pretty good season as coach. Not sure how they did in the playoffs. Anyway, you should see the stats on Mark Stone. Holy smokes. What round did we pick this guy in? He had mono or something right? He had an average of almost 2 points per game and was +45. This guy will be ready for the big show this year or the next from what I've seen.

And you know what..I'm glad those Russians will be all picked by the time we pick. In the non-Russian draft of remaining players we go about 10th, right? We always pick Swedes anyway!

May 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Stone was 6th round, 178th overall. If he doesn't make the big team, he'll be an asset the new head coach in Bingo will be pleased to have, that's for sure.

May 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

IMO, let Stone play at least 10 games in Bingo and then we'll see. Brandon is Junior hockey isn't it? Quite a big step. That's not to say I'm not excited about him.

If we go the Detroit way, that's the way to handle this. It's good for the player and also good for the farm team. And in the long term for the franchise. There's no hurry here, we're still in a rebuild remember.

May 11, 2012 at 3:30 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru