Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > The Final Show: locker clean out day

Or for us, empty clean out day. we really need to get all those bottles returned. we could cover off a year's expenses with them.

We record the final show tonight. I can tell you we're dreading this a little. Could be an emotional night.

But, looks like we'll have Ian Mendes for a few minutes, which gives us a nice "full circle" thing happening as Ian was our first ever media guest.

May 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Sniff*

May 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Chokers...

:P

May 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Any chance of a live audio stream? Chat room? Anything!

I can't take it! I'm already jonesing for another season of SU! :-(

May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

One More Year!

You guys should also polish off the rest of the 28 pack that I brought to really make the show interesting.

May 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Hey, I have an idea! How about you guys do the show for one more year if Alfie comes back?

If he can do it, you can too, right?

May 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

and that's a wrap!

May 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Thanks

May 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Ep.26, the finale, is ready to go. I hope you all enjoy it one last time.

May 3, 2012 at 1:38 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Bah....been dreading this for a while now. Thanks for the hard work guys. This is the show that got me into podcasts way back in '08.

May 3, 2012 at 2:01 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

You even made it late, producing this one! I'll start listining now and after finishing I'll be back with comments.

May 3, 2012 at 5:04 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

@shredder: sorry you weren't included that much in the soundbites. I was aware of that. The one's of you were hilarious though. I even started with you: being drunk.

May 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM | Registered Commenterdisappointed labru

All good things...

Can't end it without another Star Trek reference.

May 3, 2012 at 6:49 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

live long and drunk.

wait, what?

May 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

You should give Ian a free lifetime membership to the Sens Underground Podcast for the winning the prediction panel

May 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Bon voyage guys, it was great tuning in every week to hear you guys.

Like Gertkenator, you guys got me into podcasts. I subscribe to over 10 now and all of them never quite live up the standard set by you three (and kudos to Shredder for the sound quality...some of the podcasts I listen to are brutal..like I'm listening to them trapped in a well).

I tweeted this to you but I'll say it here: I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE TAKES THE BALL AND RUN WITH IT!

The Senators need a quality podcast (and I don't consider the "other" podcast in the same league. I hope someone will come along and find a way to revive SU if not in name then certainly in spirit.

If Ben takes down this webpage and forum, then maybe we should all switch over and use the new Facebook groups format to continue game threads.

Thanks for your hard efforts boys, and thanks to your respective families for putting up with it. I have 3 kids and know taking time away is sometimes a challenge.

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

SU may have come to an end, but the insanity will live on.

"Raffi Torres and the National Hockey League Players' Association are appealing the 25-game he received."

So the NHLPA is more concerned about a player getting a long suspension and losing money than a player potentially having a career ending injury.

Fine then. Make a rule to amend hits to the head. Instead of a penalty and or suspension. Hits to the head are now worth a goal and make Raffi Torres the leagues 1st $25M a year player with the points he's going to rack up.

May 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

The montage at the end by Labru is freakin' classic! that brought back so many great memories!

May 3, 2012 at 3:22 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Just finished listening to the show. Good one guys. Something is going to be missing from by commute to and from work.

Been listening since Season 1 when you guys had intermissions. That's right intermissions on a podcast, now that has to be a 1st.

So after 7 years I have to ask..

Where do the names Russell, Shredder, StooLi and Crazy Ivan come from?

May 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Shredder got me so fired up again with his "puck over the glass non-call" rant... ugh! I thought I was over the playoffs and into acceptance stage; BACK TO ANGER!! TJ, GET ME MY TINFOIL!!!!

May 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Dawg, I am sure you will find a way to blame Spezza on the none call :P

Awesome show... I will cry myself to sleep tonight :(

May 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Systine, I've been a Spezza fan the entire regular season. He took big steps forward in the leadership department. I was really impressed. That's why I was so disappointed to see him reverting to old bad habits in the playoffs.

Ian Mendes had a very nice overview of Spezza's performance in the last SU episode (ever). Spezza did have a solid performance points wise. He was targeted and shut down playing against the Rangers' top D and PK. YET, when you look back on, the majority of people will say Alfie still played better than Spezza, even though the Sens did not win one playoff game with him all series. Why do you think that is?

May 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Just finished listening to the podcast. I loved it, and the choking up by you guys (well Russell and Shredder by what I could tell) got me a little teary-eyed.

Glad to hear there's a *possibility* of others picking up the torch next year though I have to admit it probably won't be like the well-oiled machine we've been used to. I'm more hoping that after a season away from Studio 11 you guys might meet up on a golf course somewhere and suddenly realize you have got to get the band back together and start unpacking all the gear in Ben's basement :)

The montage at the end was priceless. Great memories.

My revelation of the day: Russell's name is not really Russell (!?!?!?).

Cheers guys, thanks for being in my earbuds all winter. I'm gonna start randomly downloading old episodes just to quench my thirst (as well as quaff a Beau's for old tyme's sake).

John

May 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

2 words: Florida tracksuit :))

didn't have all the ingredients to have that while listening to the last show ever, BUT did enjoy a whiskey on the rocks... cheers boys, and see you at the matches

May 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Ok... who immediately went into withdrawal after listening to the last episode, and downloaded a past episode to make you forget?!

May 3, 2012 at 11:31 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg