Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Continuing a podcast (all listeners read)

OH BABY!

May 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

or, "the Ottawa podcast" cuz he couldn't remember the name.

May 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Cherry could bash Burke without worrying about getting fired.

May 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

as a lurker from behind enemy lines, I ask you all to please, please, please do this! This podcast makes a huge difference to my attachment to the team. If you could get something that was even half as good as the original, it would be well worthwhile for many of us around the world.

May 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM | Registered CommenterRalph Wiggum

The people have spoken. This needs to happen. I implore you guys to follow through on this. I'm sure the other two stooges are with me when i say that we'll help out any way we can to make this a go.

May 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Meetings are being planned. So cross your fingers :)

May 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

as a lurker from behind enemy lines, I ask you all to please, please, please do this! This podcast makes a huge difference to my attachment to the team. If you could get something that was even half as good as the original, it would be well worthwhile for many of us around the world.

May 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM | Ralph Wiggum

I second this!

I would be happy to offer my services to help out with this 'new' podcast, but I don't know how much I can add from out here in BC. Possibly something to do with prospects playing in the WHL? I any case, I NEED my Senators Podcast fix and I'm really excited to hear that there will be one to pick up after the Underground.

Thanks Canuck for spear-heading this!

May 2, 2012 at 3:41 PM | Registered CommenterDarcy Loewen

May 2, 2012 at 8:48 AM | Ralph Wiggum

I third this!! I'm a forums lurker, long-time e-mailer, and listener since the Season 1 Pilot episode. Without SU, I would not know much about my favorite team at all. All I would know about the Sens without SU is whatever highlights are on TSN.ca... which didn't even mention things like all the controversy with Dan O'Rourke and all the other crap on that mid-season Western Conference road trip!! I'd really appreciate any group of guys willing to continue the podcast to provide us remote fans with game-by-game insight like this.

I did my goodbye email earlier in the season so I won't send another for tonight, but I will here and again that I will sure miss all of your three's weekly ramblings. End of an era. Like one of you said in the episode where you announced your retirement: Sens Underground pre-dates Twitter and was really at the start of the "Web 2.0" era... wow.

May 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM | Registered Commentersensfanleeman

Hi guys, I've been a bit distracted since this thread began, but I'd be interested in helping in one way or another.

May 3, 2012 at 3:41 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Shred & Russ, please clarify what you have to mull over this summer? By the sounds of the last podcast we are thinking of keeping this going, not producing the podcasts but the site.

May 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

I'm late to the party on this, but I'm in, in some way shape or form.

I have some of the same challenges as Russell, Shredder and Stooli (young kids = not a hell of a lot of time), and I am SO not technically inclined enough to produce a podcast, but I am interested in being at least an occasional contributor from "behind enemy lines" in Toronto. Even if there isn't a podcast, a high-quality fan-driven blog would be SO much better than a big fat zero. I want to help in some way.

Canuck and others, how can I stay in touch over the summer and find out what is going on? I don't want to post my e-mail here in the public forums, but I'm interested in staying in touch on this.

May 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM | Registered CommenterBoingy

hey folks,

the 3 of us will be getting together in the near future to discuss this. its likely we'll retain the name Sens Underground but offer up the site as a type of hub for podcast submissions. lots of details to work out but we certainly keep you all in the loop. keep brainstorming!

May 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i work for the Government so I have lots of spare time.

From the technical perspective I will be as useful as a chocolate fireguard though. But as an opinionated sweary Brit with an outsiders perspective I think i have few equals.

What are the next steps?

May 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM | Registered CommenterThe Apostle

next step; everyone gets together at agent orange's place for gin tonics.

May 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Stay tuned groundhogs. Something is happening and plans are are already in motion. One way or another, I think an announcement might be made within days.

Just need to get all the moving pieces into a row at this point.

May 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Stay tuned groundhogs. Something is happening and plans are are already in motion. One way or another, I think an announcement might be made within days.

Just need to get all the moving pieces into a row at this point.

May 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM | Can't Give it Up Canuck

Anything happening with this idea of a new Podcast?

June 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM | Registered CommenterDarcy Loewen

Anything happening with this idea of a new Podcast?

;)

June 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

As someone who's transitioned between all kinds of highs and lows in my online life as SENShobo, I'm game to see where this goes.

Feels a bit like Karlsson's contract. We've seen a flash of brilliance, and despite all the previous luck we've had when loading up after such flashes, we're back at the trough for more, hoping that this time our drink won't be spiked.

You know where to find me if I can pitch in.

June 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM | Registered CommenterSENShobo

It's official now. Read the main page of this website. The Sens Call-Ups are recording their first summer show next week

July 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Registered CommenterCanuck

cool promo boys
can't wait to hear show #1

July 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

great news!!!! Thx guys

July 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Cool promo...

but Muse? really? :P

July 13, 2012 at 6:42 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Sorry, couldn't get Cotton Eyed Joe in time :p

July 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterCanuck

I wouldn't go that far...

But for some reason, even though I love listening to Muse, they just don't strike me as the "sports anthem" kinda band...

July 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Neigther is any of the dub step they play at SBP but what the hell, I'll argue anything.

So who are the first guests boys? Chris Neil? Alfie? Bryan Murray?

July 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg