Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 7: Where Stars Are Made & Hearts Are Broken

Anyway, I am not going to bed upset or disappointed with any players performance.

April 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Never, ever did i think he was hart worthy. He is an excellent regular season performer. And the first to disappear in the post season.

April 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I do have to say this; the refs were pretty damn good tonight. the only game of the series that wasn't marred by their brutality. 1 out of 7 ain't bad i guess, in the NHL.

April 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

At least I won't get harassed at work tomorrow... because my team made the playoffs #screwyouhabsfans :P

G'nite folks

April 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

I guess the only one I am going to bed disappointed with is thegertkenator :P

I guess this is it.... maybe we will all chat again on the otherside.

THE END

April 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Reading over the thread and I have to agree with you Systine. Could've been a hell of a lot worse.

April 26, 2012 at 10:07 PM | Registered Commenterdrewbetts

I said

THE END

April 26, 2012 at 10:11 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

it is amazing they took the #1 seed to game 7 after not being able to beat the 2 bottom feeding teams in the East in the last few weeks of the regular season.

They've got to be able to beat Toronto and Montreal next year

April 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I can't quit, it can't be over

April 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

when's the draft?

April 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

who they gonna target in Free agency?

April 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

when's the young prospects camp?

April 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

tj, you really hate that it's over don't you?

April 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

how many times will they play Toronto on the 2nd nite of back to back games?

April 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

hell yeah Homer, this was the only time I've ever been able to interact with Senator fans except for a barista in Sacramento.

April 26, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I said to my wife that Alfie will be back next year. Then a few minutes later, Galley came on and said the same thing. He did not play like a guy who was going into retirement, and I think he sees that this team is only going to get better.

I am very disappointed right now. I really and truly beleived that they could beat these guys. However, I think this season was a real treat. It was fun from day one, and the number of times I lost faith were very few. Next year is going to be even better as the young talent uses their experience from this year to make them better. Our coaching is solid and short ofa few changes, we have our team for next year.

Like they have done for us so many times this year, I raise my stick to them. I can't wait for October...

April 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

i was sure that Alfie would be back for one more year but after that last concussion, I'm not so sure anymore. he may have had enough of people elbowing him in the head.

April 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Metta World Peace

April 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I wish it wasn't over too. We were the better team more than 50% of the minutes. It was funny to see Drunk Grapes say the best team lost.

I'm glad Silfverburg turned out to play well. He looks set to make the team next year. Exciting.

Alfie came to play tonight. I can't imagine he's decide to retire yet. I think he believed we'd go on a longer playoff run. He may want one more chance, ie., next year. He may also decide he doesn't want to risk is health.

Guys, let's not rehash the Spezza thing. We would not have made the playoffs without him. And yet he is not built for the playoffs. 3 more years at $7mil. He can't weat the C. You've got to be clutch to wear the C. We just have to accept it. Maybe in the off season he can consider changing his game the way Yzerman did. Doubt it.

April 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Went wire to almost wire in the citizen prediction panel. lead from day 1 only to lose it on the very last day to Ian Mendes. I could have punked out and taken the rangers to guarantee a tie but I could never do that to my team.

Hell of a come back by Ian. we were making fun of him earlier in the year for being last place,

April 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I could have punked out and taken the rangers to guarantee a tie but I could never do that to my team.

Wow, that sound eerily close something that Brian Burke would say.

April 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

A disappointing way to end the season for sure, but this is a team that everyone had written off before the season even began. This will be a great learning experience for the young players that will pay dividends down the road. After last year, I thought it would take at least 3 or 4 years for them to become respectable again but they bounced back awfully fast.

It could be a lot worse. Can you imagine being a Leafs fan? Or an Oilers fan? No, thanks! I prefer to cheer for teams that DON'T suck.

One thing is for sure - the winner of the Western Conference wins the Cup. I am not impressed with any of the teams remaining in the East and I have the feeling that a team like Nashville is going to kick the crap out of whoever comes out of the East.

And the bottom line is this - it wasn't fun to be a Sens fan last year but now the excitement is back! This team has a great upside and I can't wait to get going again in the Fall!

April 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Were the Rangers really that bad? Im not sure about that. I think we just played that well. One wrinkle is that they will be at a disadvantage due to the tough series vs us.

One more thing. Why is no one talking about how the Bruins almost got knocked out in the first round last year too. Perhaps they were not so different this year vs last year.

April 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

"I'm extremely proud of this group," Alfredsson said earlier in the day. "Since we've been to the finals (in 2007) it's been a tough three, four years. To be able to do this this year … to come together as we have has been one of the best years of my career in terms of exceeding expectations."

if it is his last year, at least he doesn't leave with a bad taste in his mouth. he deserves that.

April 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Jones, the Rangers may play a boring style but they do it incredibly well. we have to give them credit. They made it virtually impossible to get a clean scoring chance and when we did, Lundqvist was stellar. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team defend that well. if they can keep doing that, i don't see any reason that they can't take the east. they are as good as any team left.

April 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell