Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 7: Where Stars Are Made & Hearts Are Broken

I think Sens youth and in-experience showed at times. But the future looks good, although it may have to be without Alfie.

April 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

The future is looking good.

Hell, the summer will be about 2 weeks shorter than last year's...

April 26, 2012 at 9:42 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Ok Gert, Spezza wasn't great tonight - but he DID score the goals in game 5. Cowen and some others made rookie mistakes tonight, that's why they lost. They'll take it as a great learning experience. It was a great season by all accounts.

April 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM | Registered CommenterVelocity Boy

Mr Ho, there are other forums out on the Internet... even pro-Ottawa ones :-)

April 26, 2012 at 9:45 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

the Sens future at Foward may be bright but that Defense will need a lot of work with the UFA's and the guys on the rise from Bingo and Juniors do not have the upside the Forwards do.

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Everyone learned something tonight...

The young sens learned a lot.
The old sens learned a valuable lessons.
We learned that NY fans are classless pieces of crap...

WEEEE :P

Edit: We also learned that Carkner > Gilroy... but we already knew that...

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

I don't think anybody here is saying run Spezza out of town, but that he will never be captain. He just never seems to have that drive to step up when needed and seems more like a passenger when the times get tough.

Spezza 2.0 was awesome, but he just shows up so infrequently.

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Whew. I've calmed down now. Sorry about that fellas.

April 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

I don't think Lundqvist gave up one weak/flukey goal all series. we didn't get one lucky bounce that went in. that's tough to believe.

they had to earn every single goal against him. that was some performance. I mean, Andy was great and still got beat by just one shot.

April 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I don't want to trade Spezza. You need him to get to the playoffs. But to get any farther, you need someone that can play under pressure, without time and space. Spezza cannot do that.

April 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

You guys notice how small anderson is?

April 26, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Edit: We also learned that Carkner > Gilroy... but we already knew that...

Lets hope that Murray knows that now.

April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

You may not like it but he is the next Captain.... As you guys say "Book It"

April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

Unfortunately, playoff hockey is just not the type of hockey that allows him to shine. He needs room and time to do his thing. He was trying hard but was obviously very frustrated. He has to learn to adapt his game to what's going on. He just didn't do that.

April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Cherry said the best team lost... I tend to agree... if it weren't for Lundquist, I think this series would have been over in 5.

April 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

9MM had at least 2 point blank shots and it looked like that Kuba shot near the end of the game just missed but can't really tell on TV

April 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Stymied by blocked shots and a hot goalie. Getting tired of that.

April 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I just don't understand why someone with that kind of raw talent cannot rise to the occasion. Not sure that's who you want to lead your team.

April 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

... sad to think this may have been Alfie's last game. Spezza couldn't even be bothered to get his dick out and piss on their chances ...

The man has skill and talent ... he has very little heart and doesn't know how to lead. He will be a scorer and points guy for us ... he will never be captain. And by some stupid brain-fart he becomes captain ... he will not be a good one.

April 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

He is not a power forward! Would you rather have Joe Thornton?

April 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

I think Alfredsson will be back for one more year---he obviously isn't washed up. Still has a lot to offer that's for sure

April 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Besides Lundquist, I think the difference was the way NY stayed calm in there own end and didn't get running around. They had a system and stayed with it. The Sens coughed up the puck in there own end way to may times.

April 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

I swear you guys were mentioning him as a Hart torphy candidate... now he is a goat. Get over it they were suppose to finish last in the East. I guess you a agree with Burke now too about there is no point in finishing in 8th.

April 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered CommenterSystine

That first round was great. But i could not care less about any of the teams left in this.

April 26, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Agree with Burke? never.

I'd rather watch my team finish 8th, and take the #1 team in the east to game 7 than not making the playoffs... or agreeing with Burke

April 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter