Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 7: Where Stars Are Made & Hearts Are Broken

Dan O'Halloran and Brad Watson are reffing tonight. (siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh)

Peel and O'Halloran reffed that "interesting" game in Phoenix where Alfie scored and O'Jackass was called for a GI (goalie interference) ON A GOALTENDER WHO WAS DOWN AND OUT 10 FEET OUTSIDE HIS CREASE!

Can the odds be stacked any more against the Sens? FTW

Win or lose - proud of these guys this year. Proud to be a Sens fan.

April 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

could be worse. could have been o'dork.

pesky sens. believe it!

April 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Is tonight the night EK65 finally steps up in this series and cements his legend? he has been very reluctant to be the player he was in the regular season, not rushing the puck the way he can. seems like he's guarding against a mistake. Its time, rock star! take control!

April 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

We've never won a game 7. I expect that to continue unfortunately.

April 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

Sadly, I agree.

April 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

The past is irrelevant. Only the present matters.

April 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.

April 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

It is not BECAUSE of the past... that is just a happenstance. I just think NYR in MSG in an elimination game it to big of a mountain to climb.

April 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM | Registered CommenterSystine

Sens haven't played many game 7s in the past. Almost every series the Sens have played in the past has been a decisive win for them or the other way. To quote Russell "... just say"

Now, Game 7 experience, that's a relevant point. Many of the Bingo guys have that, and quite a few of the vets do, too.

April 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

If the Sens can stay out of the box, they can capitalize on the fact that the Ragdolls can't score an empty netter on a 5-on-5...

But that depends on the refs... obviously...

April 26, 2012 at 12:47 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Can't wait to hear the whining and the booing as soon as Neil steps on the ice...

It's going to be EPIC!

April 26, 2012 at 3:30 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Hey what's with all the negative crap! Seems like the the Sens faithful isn't exactly all in!

Well all you know I'm a Sabres fan but after watching this series and seeing how these Refs are bent toward a Ranger's series victory. Well I've been cheering along with you guys.

Last night the Caps did it Boston! I don't see any reason why Ottawa can't do the same. I think Andy in net and maybe Spezza taking an occasional shot on net will win it for the Sens tonight. Sens have to just keep taking it to Lundquist in the paint.

April 26, 2012 at 3:37 PM | Registered CommenterChuckie

Chuckie cheering for the Sens!?!

If you see seven horesmen, it's time to grab the hottest girl around and get busy, because the end is nigh!

Welcome aboard Chuckie!

April 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

... I've tried everything else, so I'll try something I haven't done in a few years ... bad poetry.

Calling all Sens, calling all Sens!!!

Whether you wear a jersey and carry a stick,
Or just wear a jersey to make Leafers sick,
This is our time, this is our fight,
No more waiting - tonight's the night!

Time to rock it and time to care,
Time to conquer and own Times Square!
The Blueshirts are all lined up and dropping,
But our warrior Sens are never stopping ...

Alfie, Spezza, Karlsson and crew,
Anderson owning his half-circle of blue,
Neil, Z-Kop, and Carkner too ...
All they want is a piece of you!

Torts can cry and point and yell,
The referees can all go straight to hell,
It doesn't matter - we don't care ...
... because pesky gets you everywhere!

Sorry New York - yer going down,
You may be one helluva town,
And we respect your fight, but in the end ...
... GET OUT OF OUR WAY, CAUSE WE'RE THE SENS!!!!

April 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

7th game my ass. There's what, 4 players left from the last Sens team that played a 7th game? Neil, do you really think he's going to play any different? Philip's is old vet who will not let the pressure affect his game. Alfie knows this could be his last hurrah and will leave it all on the ice. And Spezza? He really has only been a factor a few shifts here and there and they've still managed to win 3 games, 2 in NY. And as someone pointed out, a bunch of the younger guys played a tough 7 game series last year in Bingo so they've played with that pressure. If Anderson is hot and the refs decide to let the players settle this, I think the Sens will win.

April 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

What's with the negative waves in here, Moriarity? I want nothing but righteous hope in here tonight.

These guys have blown us away all year with their peskiness and "never say die" attitude. don't bail out on them now!

BELIEVE IT!

April 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

No Peel and no O'Rourke. tonight. see, things already look better!

April 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i really think this is a pivotal game in Spezza's career. If he really is penciled in to lead this team after Alfie, then tonight is the night. After being challenged in such a dramatic fashion by Stache last game, he must show up big time tonight. If he pulls a no-show after that, then that will always stick to him. Its his time to answer the bell.

April 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

doesn't look like carks will play tonight. CRAP!!!!

April 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Gilroy in...shudder.....

silfverberg in too. not sure i like that move much.

April 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

What! Oh sh^t.

April 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Gilroy in? We already know what he can do or to be more accurate what he CANT do. I think I'd rather see any of the B-Sens D-men playing. Hell, I'd rather have Igor Kravchuk.

Gllroy is to an NHL defenceman like Bob Cole is to a play-by-play guy, like Dan O'Dork and Tim Peel are to referees, Brian Burke is to a GM, like Kypreos is to an hockey analyst.

They all suck at their jobs, but somehow beyond anything that makes any kind of sense, they still have one.

April 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

WTF!!! Gilroy???? Don't the Senators have anybody else?

I was all positive till I read Gilroy is in, that changes everything--but I still think they'll play well and it's 50\50 whether they'll win or not but Gilroy really does suck

April 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

LOL@Homer, very good comparisons Homer

April 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

LET"S GO

April 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator