Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Let's get positive about game 7!

I hear that Matt Peumpel is being called up for tomorrow night. He's going to play with Alfie and Turris. Apparently, they really want to get a closer look at him and see how he reacts to the situation. It is a rebuilding year afterall.

April 24, 2012 at 9:29 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

I really don't think this is the time to be holding try outs. Get someone in there who is not going to be a liability.

April 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Jones, you're just messing with us now.

April 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

you know if that was the real reason that Silfverberg played in game 6, then that has to be the most stupid thing I ever heard. This is the freakin' Stanley Cup playoffs with a chance to clinch a series, not training camp.

If this is all about how players react to being in big games, then why not let Lehner play. Or better yet, let's have our rookies vs the Rangers' rookies decide game 7.

April 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

I hear Shane Prince is going to play for the 67s tomorrow, then charter to NYC to center the top line along with Puempel and Noessen on the wings.

April 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I'm just joking of course. Having said that, you never know with Bryan Murray!

I hope my Heritage Jersey finally arrives today. I think it could make the difference tonight. They are going to need all of the positive energy and mojo they can get tonight. We really fell apart last game. The tension level tonight will be through the roof. Who would have thought we could go seven games against these guys. We've got to win tonight. It would be epic!

PS: Silferburg and Stone both looked really good. Much more ready than Z-bad or Runblad. I'm really excited about these guys for next year.

April 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

As much as I would love them to be playing tonight (Wednesday) they are playing tomorrow (Thursday) night.

Inexplicably, there has been no time announced for the game yet.

April 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

We'll need TJ to break out his best tin foil hat for tonight. need all the mojo we can get. And Agent Orange, i assume you'll have the Gin Tonics lined up and ready to go.

April 25, 2012 at 9:52 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

would anyone be shocked if Peel or O'Dork gets this game?

April 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Shocked? No. I would however be disappointed, especially given the news that came out after the last game about how the Director of Officiating wasn't happy about the reffing in that one.

NEWS: neither Z-Kop or Carkner at this morning's practice (according to Don Brennan, via Twitter, Konopka is "moving gingerly" around SBP and could miss game 7). BoroCop was on the ice though. Another rookie instead of Gilroy?

April 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I just hope Lunqvist post-game calling out of the refs and implying that the fix was in hurts the Rangers like it hurt Ottawa earlier this year.

April 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM | Registered CommenterHomer

Noooo... We need Z-Kop for the faceoffs!!!

April 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

UPDATE:

As per @Steve_Lloyd, @ian_mendes and others via Twitter:

Paularus sez: Carks and Z-kop were out for maintenance days but will be available for tomorrow.

Also, @BoroCop is making the trip to NYC with the team.

April 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Hell yeah the tinfoil will be out tomorrow and I'll be home for the only game since this series started---since the Senators are 0 for 4 in Games 7, I'm going to pull a Positivity Jones and say they are finally due to break that streak.

April 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

My Heritage Jersey arrived today. It's awesome Exceeded my expectations. Alfie on back of course.

This is a good omen. We will win tomorrow night.

April 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

Finished the bottle of Sapphire I started during the regular season on Saturday night. Apparently switching to the bottle of Tanqueray Rangpur on Monday didn't work well. I'll be stopping by the liquor store tomorrow to get another bottle of Sapphire.

April 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Boston is out. That should be a huge boost to the boys tomorrow knowing that they can potentially play Florida in the next round.

April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Lucky Sens T-shirt washed and ready for the game.

April 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior