Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 6: Ranger Elimination Day

is Game 7 Thurs?

April 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

A total Charlie Brown on that kick

April 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Oh crap... Tortilla is fuming...

April 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

yes, it's on Thursday

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

LOL... Sens got in "The King's" head... good, good!

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Fitting end in that we can't seem to see the sticks in the lane waiting to intercept lazy passes.

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Thx Homer

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

If they had only played the second like they did the 3rd, this thing would be over.

April 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered Commenterthegertkenator

We've beat them twice in their barn ... just hafta do it again.

April 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

that goal was so weird. it looked like he missed it but something moved it into the net. just don't know what it was.

April 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Silver surfer showed us he can play... now bring back Stone.

April 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

so, the cbc gave spezza a star tonight. based on one rush.

April 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell I was wondering about that one...

April 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Also, is it me, or did the almighty Bob Cole call Alfie "Anderson" (might be me who didn't hear well through Healy's Rangersgasm...)

April 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

even though spezz was benched for a chunk of the 3rd. my god, the cbc sucks worse than the leafs.

April 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Unfortunately ... I agree with Don Cherry. The Sens should not have put Silfverburg in there ... should have kept Stone in the lineup.

April 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

silf didn't cost the sens the game or anything, he just didn't do anything to help. stone was much more nhl ready. probably because he plays NA hockey all the time.

April 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

> Also, is it me, or did the almighty Bob Cole call Alfie "Anderson" (might be me who didn't hear well through Healy's Rangersgasm...)

As if seeing that Peel was reffing and the obvious outcome from that, we had to listen to Bob "Kubina" Cole telling us that Anderson had left the ice when it was Alfredsson, That Alfredsson shot on net when it was Foligno, and countless other astounding gaffes. Come on CBC seriously, is this the best you can do?

On another note, I now really hate Tororella and every last Ranger. I never used to give them a secod thought

April 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Reading Twitter makes me laugh...

Apparently sens fans are the most pathetic kind by calling out the refs, but it's perfectly fine for the NY Ragdolls fans to still be whining about Carkner in game 2???

Welcome to WTFland...

April 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

refs were brutal, yet again tonight, but it is true; the sens didn't bring their best game. they didn't take the game to the rangers after a great start. just watching alfie lose it, its clear the sens lost focus and maybe the refs got to them. but you can't understate how much that ridiculous 5 on 3 changed the game.

April 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

@Russell Amen...

April 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Lundqvist is apparently madder than a cat in a pillow case, and they won the freaking game. Honestly, I never though he was that much of a douche. My mistake...

April 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

that 5 on 3 was a killer just like the 9MM lazy penalty and the Post late in the game. Barry Melrose doesn't say sh*t about the Figgs goalie interference penalty and only says that Figgs thought he was pushed into Lundquist.
Impartial people don't think it was a big deal on Figgs and Lundquist is accusing the refs of cheating him on that Neil late goal--no one is happy with the refs.
The Sens in the second period took to many penalties and didn't skate like they did in the 1st and 3rd.

April 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

james duthie had a great line about it being the first time he ever heard someone say the NHL would rather have Ottawa in the play-offs than media giant, nhl HO location and american team rangers. it truly is a remarkably stupid statement in those terms. heat of the battle i guess.

April 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Just got back frothe game. Alfie's two oldest boys were the flag skaters at the start of the game. I don't think that's a good sign for Alfie coming back next year....

April 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan