Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Game 6: Ranger Elimination Day

So, it sounds like the golden god is likely to make his return... and you know what happens when usually comes back from an injury. He's a little backed up in the points department :) Sounds like Silfverberg's good to go, too. So, line up is...??

LW - C - RW
Silfverberg - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Turris - Alfie
Condra - Smith - Neil
Konopka - O'Brien - Stone/Klinkhammer/Daugavins

How does that sound?

April 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I just don't see Silfverberg in the lineup.

April 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM | Registered CommenterLegatron

Go sens Go!

Alfie needs to come back with a 7pts night like he did before... that would really say "In your face, Rangers!"

Wonder what's Coach Tortilla going to whine about if they lose?

April 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

I just don't see Butler getting more ice time after last game. He can't play on the top line and he can't play on any of the energy lines.

I think it's Hammer time on the top line (if Silfverberg is no go) and Daugavins on the 4th.

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

You forgot Greening!

I imagine Alfie will be in for Stone or Butler. Agree with Canuck: really doubt Silfverberg gets in tonight. They're saying he's practicing on the top line, but so did Hoffman. I think they just want to get a sense of how he'll fit and then look at him as an option for next game.

April 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick

Watch Sens practice live right now: http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=616&id=173785

I'm hearing a lot of PING! (off the post) during PP drills.

April 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Sadly with Lundquist in net, you almost have to aim for the post and hope it bounces in the right direction :(

April 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

ALFIE 100% confirmed for tonight. PRAISE ALFIE!!!

Stone has stayed on the ice after practice for some extra drills, which usually means he doesn't play... but no guarantees.

April 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Mclean jokes about deciding on putting in Silfverberg over Alfie in tonight's game to Swedish journalists, who were there LIVE to cover the press conference.

Looks like it's Silfverberg :)) what do you think about that Canuck?

April 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Alfie returns and Boyle is out.

And oh yeah, Lundqvist is suposedly battling the stomach flu.

"Reports (Carton @ 660 WFAN) have Lundqvist getting an IV last night and battling the stomach flu. Not good news."

Best case scenario for tonight.

April 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Tortorella is turning into the Axl Rose of press conferences: 27 seconds this time around, answered 1.5 questions.

Gotta blame the so called "journalists," too. If you don't have 4-5 questions ready, what the heck are you doing with your time?!

April 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

I'm glad to see Torts off his game. I remember there were comments that his hot head could hurt his team before the series started, and I thik that's what we're seeing now. Imagine how the players feel when they see him so freaked out.

April 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

Absolutely agree, Portera. He's letting his team down big time. He's their emotional leader and you can see he's already checked out.

April 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

While I am hesitant to get too excited, Lundqvist is out with the flu, and Biron is in. I think I need a moment...

April 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Hmm, maybe a bit early on the Lundqvist report... Seems he was skating in practice after all.

April 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

yeah, I got rick rolled on twitter. fake report about the flu thing.

April 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I'm going to the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got tix on stubhub (kind of hate myself for paying that much) but I couldn't resist - elimination game + Alfie's return!! GONNA BE EPIC

GO SENS GO

April 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Pitlick wrong, Dawg right -- sounds like Silfverberg is in and both Butler and Stone are out.

I'm not expecting anything from a rookie in his first game, on small ice and jet-lagged -- just hoping to see him play some strong, responsible shifts. That said... these are the opportunities legends are made of.

April 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

How many Silfverberg jerseys in the crowd tonight do you think?

The guy hasn't even touched a puck yet in a game and his legend grows by the hour lol

April 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Where will you be sitting Dawg? I'll but up in the rafters (section 304), but I'll be there too.

PRAISE ALFIE! 11:11 is going to be epic!

April 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

I'll be in 315 :)) You are on the opposide side of the arena.

The countdown to 11 is gonna be unbelievable with the golden gawd on the ice :))

April 23, 2012 at 2:09 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Looks like it's Silfverberg :)) what do you think about that Canuck?

I say... Ooo Aaa Silfverberg! Ooo Aaa Silfverberg! :)

April 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron

I so want to get that chant going during the game, but it'll be difficult. It doesn't mean I won't try though.

April 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

i'll be there in spirit with you guys, at home here with my Innes and Gunn!

I found them Kardinal! you the man!

April 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Silfverberg and Alfredsson the Swedes are wild--of course Lundquist is a Swede too.

it's hard to believe that Silfverberg is going into the lineup but MacLean seems to know what he's doing so we hope for the best from him

Gotta go find a SportsBar not watching this game on the computer

April 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln