Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > GAME 4 : MUST WIN!

if anyone wonders why Vancouver is down to LA--all u have to do is watch the Canucks with DanielSedin he makes all the difference in the world for that team. It's too late though with JonathonQuick in goal, no team will beat him 4 straight.

April 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Looks like no sweeps this year :))

Still up and watching hockey, amped up after the big Sens win. I don't even care if they win the series at this point - they showed me more character than I ever expected.

April 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

those sedins are pretty good when they are not knocked out cold.

April 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

LOL@Russell

April 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I know tonight we broke the Alfie and Home playoff rules - but can we please go on to win a playoff game by more than 1 goal for the first time since 2007?

April 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM | Registered CommenterAtheist Aussie

If Alfie comes back for game 5, he'll be that skill and emotional boost that Ottawa needs to push them over the top. Good thing for that extra day of rest

April 19, 2012 at 7:59 AM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Sens without Alfie,e even without Spezza for a while last game.
Guys seem to be mobilizing and playing more like a team, instead of waiting for the top guys to do something.

I was REALLY impressed with JOB (Jim O'Brien) last night. The SPEED that guy has! WOW! He was backing the D off big time. I NEVER thought this guy would crack the Sens lineup because of his LACK of speed. He's really turned that weakness into a strength now.

Kudos Jimbo.

April 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

With respect to the Jim O'Brien comment: Word.

April 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

"Kudos Jimbo."

I think I heard Bob Cole call Kuba this last night.

April 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

this team seems to play better the more adversity that's thrown at it. that's something really special.

April 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

this is pretty cool

listen for the players chanting the names at the end.

April 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I was sitting right behind the players the two douchebag announcers last night/between the two team benches. The place was a riot! Our row started chanting "NBC REFS!" after all the BS calls. Hope it got on TV.

Here's a pic of a couple of losers: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s320x320/555730_10150816474081224_690446223_11920750_1625498474_n.jpg

April 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

Zilla and I went to the game last night. It was awesome! At the start of the game when they announced the refs, we thought it was good that we had never heard of them before. That changed quickly enough...

Some of my thoughts...

- The refereeing was terrible, there were even a couple of questionable calls against New York
- The crowd was crazy. It got a bit quiet when we went down 2 so early, but they started playing well, and the crowd was just great. The refs were definitely informed that they exerted negative pressure on male equine genitals.
- Carkner played great. I have always liked him and fail to understand sitting him so much this year.
- Konopka (a.k.a Ugly Bugger) was great last night too, especially on faceoffs. He took one "reputation call", but is really showing his ability lately.
- Jimmy O was flying last night. I don't think New York had him in their sights at all, and he took advantage of it.
- I have always liked the Turris trade. Never having to put my head in my hands and say "Why, oh why Rundblad" was good enough, but Turris is a real bonus on this team.
- The crowd at the end of the game was absolutely great. Most people stayed in the stands for the 3-star skates, and in the halls, everyone was chanting "Go Sens Go' and just having a blast. I stopped at an Alfie sweater in a display case and paid homage as any disciple of The Church of Alfie should. Outside, horns honked and the celebration continued for a really long time.
- Zilla and I had the misfortune to have been at the infamous "Spartan" game, and this has erased the pain of that... Mostly...

Say a prayer for Alfie. Having him back for game 6 would be the icing on the cake for this amazing season.

April 19, 2012 at 11:23 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

In Carks last four playoff games, he's scored in triple OT, bashed Boyle, and assisted on the tying goal of the game. He's making it hard for Murray to not re-sign him (he's currently a UFA on July 1st),

April 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

Cannot say enough about Konopka and Carkner's play. Heart and soul guys. Never complained when scratched for multiple games. Then, they stepped in and did what they are supposed to do: punish the Rangers, go at the net, win face offs. Konopka took quite the beating in front of the net. So glad we have him. In year's past it was only Neil doing that. Now we need Milo to do the same.

...After these wins, I bet Alfie is really itching to play :))

April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg