Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Broadway BlueBalz vs Big Bad Sens: Game 3

Boingy: I don't know how you watch the games but I have to watch 'em online. For game 2 i got so sick of the CBC that I watched the CBC feed but listened to the Team 1200 audio. It wasn't too hard to get it perfectly synced up.

April 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

Sens lost but I thoroughly enjoyed it. They will win on weds.

April 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

Alfie could have been the difference tonight.

April 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Spezza could have been the difference tonight.

IF HE HADN'T SUCKED!!

April 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM | Registered Commenterneonpablo

I'm sorry it's depressing to have your team play so well and still not win---this is the playoffs and any loss is a killer. there's no silver linings or anything positive to take out of a playoff loss.

April 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

One good thing is that they have looked better each game.

April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM | Registered CommenterSunburned Senior

Well, we lost - that sucked. Aside from that, it was a great game to watch. Lots of back and forth action.

My son got picked to ride the zamboni after the 1st period ... very cool. Got to high-five the refs coming off, and Watson gave Ethan the game puck. Also very cool ...

All in all, good night for the family at SBP ...

April 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM | Registered CommenterPuddleduck

We are just missing the difference makers. Turris, Foligno, Spezza just can't bring the results on demand. They come when they come. Not great for a short play off series.

Senior, Alfie might have been the difference. I agree.

I really enjoyed that game. Except the ending.

There needs to be a full investigation of Zack Smith's whereabouts in a physical series. He MUST be hurt. If not, he's dead to me.

Karlsson is my BFF.

I have not even heard Michalek's name more than one or two times tonight. WTF?

Konopka played well. Chester is doing what he can consider he's patched up. Phillips keeps quietly doing great. Cowan is back to finding his form after being off since December.

Let's win this series.

PS: I stil like Crosby. He brings it and is the opposite of wimpy star players.

PPS: Shanahan and the NHL are a joke. Shanny was WRONG to have not resigned when he got his wings clipped early in the season. He can't be desperate for cash...

April 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones

"Time for desperate measures. Going to go up and get something to eat."

what a trooper.

April 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Healy: "as a goaltender, I hated not having a stick"...

it gave him something to fiddle with while on the bench?

*slow clap for the post of the night*

April 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

my game report:

- crowd was awesome! including me.
- sens have nothing to be ashamed about tonight. it was a great effort that could have gone their way with a bounce. they carried the play most of the game.
- both goalies were outstanding. one missed assignment was the game.
- Smith played a great game tonight.
- very impressed with how Z-Kop is staying on the right side of the line.
- Spezza is playing on the perimeter again. he's doing his outside, turn back stuff again. he needs to get skating, drive the net and either get a chance or draw a penalty. ditto for 9MM.
- If Alfie doesn't return, I'd put 9mm with Turris. the Rangers are doing such a great job shutting down the top line,it might be the only way to free one of them up. if they key on Spezza, then maybe 9mm can get some space on the second line.
- karlssson's shift where he stopped the 2 on 1 was stellar. he played a great Defensive game tonight, much to healy's chagrin, I'm sure.
- best part of going to the game is not having to listen to cole and healy.
- can't see a long future for Condra on this team. with the prospects they have coming, he just doesn't do anything well enough to keep him in the line up long term. reminds me of a lot of guys we had when the team was first building. hard worker, minimal NHL talent.
- need to get a little nastier again. not crazy stuff, just tougher around their crease. get in Lundquist grill.

let's get 'em in game 4!

April 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

couple other thoughts.

- Cowen is a stud and is going to be for years.
- that game was freaking intense!
- the white towels they gave out, though a nice thought, looked like they were designed in about 15 seconds by the janitor. freakin cheap looking. but, they did the job and the crowd looked great with them all going.
- regardless of what happens in this series, this is going to be a huge stepping stone for the young talent on this team and a catapult for the re-build.
- have to give credit to NYR. they play an amazing shut down game. rarely make mistakes.

April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Great comments Russell!

April 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM | Registered Commenterfat bastard

@Russell

nothing to say about Butler?

April 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

actually, yes. he did alright. didn't hurt them at all. thought he worked hard.

April 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

That was my opinion too... I agree with you, again...

This is getting freaky.

April 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

scared yet?

April 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Somewhat...

April 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Healy: "as a goaltender, I hated not having a stick"...
it gave him something to fiddle with while on the bench?

I remember him saying that, but I thought he needed the stick to fish pucks out of his net. He had an outstanding GAA

I hope Stache shuffles the lines up for game 4 to get Milo and Titz going. They are both dead weight right now. Especially Milo. 3 games and I can't remember him doing anything other than fishing for pucks along the boards. Zero net presence.

Russell, I do not see Condra coming out of the lineup. Stache seems to trust him and has given him a lot of rope during the year.

I'd love to see Klink back in the line up. He might be able to get the Sens one of those dirty goals in front of the net

April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

No Healy, you were never a goal tender... Your average GAA was 3.3+... you had a 1 game season where your GAA was 7+... I think the necktie that replaced Emery in practice once had a better GAA.

What an idiot.

PS: Seriously, WHO THE HELL calls themselves a goal tender with a Save % of 0 (big fat ZERO)????

April 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Russell, I do not see Condra coming out of the lineup. Stache seems to trust him and has given him a lot of rope during the year.

I don't mean imminently. thinking more down the road, as the team adds more depth. i think he'll move down the depth chart over the next 2 years. to the point where he's right off the team.

April 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

i think he'll move down the depth chart over the next 2 years. to the point where he's right off the team.</I

I can definitely see that happening as early as next training camp. With all the young guns coming up, he'll probably be on a shorter leash, including Greening, Smith, Daugavins, Butler. They really need to re-define their roles. Greening is not a top 6 guy, neither is Butler. Smith CANNOT stop being physical and cannot blow defensive assignments in a 3rd/4th line role.

In other news, Silfverberg's team survived to fight another day. Series is now 3-2 for the other team. We may never get to see him play after all.

April 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

There's Stone, Prince, Noesen ZBad and Silfverberg coming along with Puempel who has been out for a while. I always think of Logan Couture of the Sharks as he developed there with the Ottawa67's it took him close to 3 full seasons after he was drafted 9th overall to make the Sharks and stick with them. His first 2 full seasons he had 30 goals in each so it does take some of these guys time to develop and still be AllStars like Couture.

April 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Looking back with the benefit of hindsight, I kinda wish we had Fisher as 2nd line center and Kelly as 3rd line center right now. If a coaching change really was all that was needed then perhaps we traded these guys away for no reason. I know it's water under the bridge now but the questions has been nagging me. In a post Alfie world we are years away from being contenders for the Cup.

I guess the other thing we didn't know was that the AHL guys would contribute so little this year. I want to keep Greening but he played on the first line most of the year and the PP. That pads his numbers. Butler was the highest paid of the bunch and is on the Nick Foligno pace of development. Condra is perhaps 4th line back up material and Smith has been a shadow of his first half self. We thought some of these guys would be stepping up a bit more. So trading away Fisher and Kelly seemed a good idea.

I'm not dwelling on this. I like this team despite it's depth issues. There's a lot to cheer for and the fun is back. I just wonder if any has had these thoughts.

Keepin' it positive for just a little longer!

April 17, 2012 at 8:58 PM | Registered CommenterPesky Jones