Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Alfie

I just saw the news that Alfredsson does indeed have a concussion.

If the NHL is unable or unwilling to deal with all this cheap shot crap, I think I might have no choice but to walk away.

April 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Rangers fans are whining that Alfie will likely play while Hagelin will be gone 3 games. Calling him a faker, etc. They want retribution by sending Scott or Boyle after Spezza, Karlsson, Alfredsson, etc.

THEY ARE SUCH DUMB.... Boyle goes after Kalrsson, so Carks goes after Boyle and Rangers and their fans are upset. LOL! They make it sound like Carkner went after Del Zotto, Gaborik or Richards. And no one has paid the price yet for the elbow on Alfie, hockey play or not :P

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest

April 16, 2012 at 3:11 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

They want retribution by sending Scott or Boyle after Spezza, Karlsson, Alfredsson, etc.

They are idiots for sure. Don't even try and point out that if the Rags did that, then Lundqvist would likely be run severely the next game. They'd be calling for a nuclear strike on Ottawa.

April 16, 2012 at 3:36 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Marcus did warn us about Ranger fan.

i doubt Boyle will be running anyone again real soon. didn't go so well for him last time.

April 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

I was thinking the same thing as Russell -- Boyle didn't do well against Neil (who's 7 inches shorter and at least 25 lbs lighter) so I don't think he wants another round with him or one with Z-Kop. If anyone does take a run at one of our stars, they know what's coming for them or for Gaborik/Lundqvist/Stepan if they do.

April 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

On the Team1200 ore-game show, Bob McKenzie reported that Dreger is hearing Alfie won't be playing tonight. Dreger usually has pretty good sources. I hope this time he is wrong.

April 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

he's right unfortunately

April 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

As per Brent Wallace, Bruce Garrioch, Ian Mendes, Steve Lloyd and the rest of the Twitterverse:

1) Paularus said today that Alfie had a setback between the morning skate and game time yesterday, and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
2) Coach was pleased with Butler's performance yesterday and wants him in tomorrow's game

April 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

(tear...)

Crisse! There's only so many elbows you can take in a year. This team will eventually be Alfie-less, so we better get used to; ditto for his teammates.

Everybody please say 3 Hail Alfies today.

April 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterSens Dawg

Great article in the Citizen:

Daniel Alfredsson represents us perfectly

At first, from afar, as a captain, he was hard to love. He seemed too reserved, too clichéd of speech, too careful — if such a thing were possible, too Nordic. Could a euro really lead a Canadian team in a Canadian game?

But he grew on us, lo these 1,100 games and 17 years. Boy, did he. For an athlete, not saying the wrong thing on a consistent basis is actually an asset, poetry be damned.

He fits the city. A great player, but not the greatest in the league. Modest, physically unimposing, not distractingly handsome. Like Ottawa. He is steady, polite, a family man.

What you see with him, in other words, is what you get: a great athlete, sure — but a man loyal to a team, a man wedded to a town.

April 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM | Registered CommenterKardinal

The NHL "Because it's the Cup" advertising campaign has done a couple of Sens themed ones. First being the "Nobody gave them a chance", now one for Alfie.

Well done.

April 22, 2012 at 1:47 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

Freakin' NICE!!!

April 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Those spots for NBC are awesome -- it's a pity they aren't shown on TSN and CBC. Especially the CBC. If they were shown, Healey's head would explode.

April 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

interesting how nbc runs spots pumping Ottawa's tires, canadian tv doesn't.

April 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

awesome spots--the Alfredsson one is great.

April 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Some good news, or at least not bad news, on the Alfie front:

@alistairsteele (and a bunch of other media types)
Alfie says he feels good, "hopeful" about appearing in Game 6 #sens

From the official Sens Twitter feed (@NHL_Sens):

#Sens captain Daniel Alfredsson says he's 'hopeful' he can return for Game 6 vs. Rangers. #BelieveIt #NYROtt

and

Alfredsson on ice for optional skate today, was 'encouraged' by how it went. #Sens #BelieveIt #NYROtt

April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal

saw him interviewed after the practice today and he looked good and to me it looked like he was ready to play---but I'm biased and I always think he looks like he's ready to play hockey

April 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

I can't think of anything that would make me happier for the team this year that to have Alfie back tomorrow night and for them to win.

April 22, 2012 at 11:45 PM | Registered CommenterPortera

Alfie confirms he's in tonight (per Mendes).

Love it.

April 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM | Registered Commenterpitlick

Alfie is IN for game 6 tonight!!! Praise Alfie!

April 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

I am officialy insluted on Aflie's behalf that he is not a nominee for the Lady Byng trophy!

April 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM | Registered CommenterPortera

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!

April 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM | Registered CommenterLegatron