Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Hagelin gets 3 game suspension

1 game, small price to pay to send the message around the league, not just for this series but for the future. EK65 is off limits to cheap shots. I love me some carks!

April 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Rangers response to Hagelin's suspension.

"The New York Rangers accept the NHL’s three-game suspension of Carl Hagelin and will not pursue an appeal. However, we are thoroughly perplexed in the ruling’s inconsistency with other supplementary discipline decisions that have been made throughout this season and during the playoffs. We will have no further comment on this decision."

"Thoroughly perplexed", well about that I have to agree 100% with them. This suspension is fully warranted, but I think that everyone has been "thoroughly perplexed" a number of times this season. Officiating have left us "thoroughly perplexed", suspensions and more so non-suspensions have left us "thoroughly perplexed". I bet that we'll all be "thoroughly perplexed" with the aftermath of this afternoon game in Philly. I'm sure that next week, the week after that and the one after that and next season we'll again be "thoroughly perplexed".

April 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM | Registered CommenterHomer

Anyone who follows hockey has been "thoroughly perplexed" about NHL discipline, as the only serious message sending started and ended with Wizniewski (and if I were him, I'd be livid that I got used as an example that wasn't followed so I'm out a half million of salary while others got suspensions that were a tenth of mine) and since then the only thing that has been consistent has been the inconsistency.

Neal deserves the same three games for the cheapshots he threw in today's game, and Crosby deserves to get "Boyled" for being the same sort of gutless punk, but if I were Philly I'd be telling the players to leave Crosby alone as there's no way that will end in the Flyers' favour.

April 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM | Registered CommenterKardinal