Follow Us on Twitter

Sens Underground
iTunes

Donate

We're all volunteers paying out of our pocket. We operate on a loss.  If you'd like to help, it will be put to use running the podcast and we'll give you huge kudos on the show!

Underground Hosts

Russell

Shredder

StooLi

Canuck

Pan

Kardinal

Quick Search

Sens Underground Forums > Hagelin gets 3 game suspension

I'm to the point of so what?? The Senators lose Alfie for who knows how long but at least the GM"s thought a hit on him was suspension worthy finally.

whoops just saw dadexter had it first on the other thread---yeah dadexter I hope he does miss all the rest of the Rangers playoff life

April 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Hopefully he won't be back this season... *crosses fingers*

April 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Losing Hagelin is huge for the Rags as it takes some speed out of their lineup which allows the defense to be more focused on the play rather than worrying about the guy blowing past you down the wall.

April 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

By reading the comments of the NYR fans on Twitter, i've come to the conclusion that they're no better than Screaming Trees' fans.

For the record, they don't see a difference between the Philips hit and Hagelin's, and they're calling for Carkner's head for a hockey fight.

If Carks gets suspended, so should Boyle. What Carks did to him was no different than what Boyle did to EK65... except that The Apostle managed to stay on his feet...

April 15, 2012 at 8:16 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

don't agree about the philips hit. I think it was a missed shoulder hit that got the head. i think the hit on alfie was targeted and deliberate.

maybe I'm a homer.

April 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

Russell, for one of the rare times, I fully agree with you :P

April 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

if hagelin got suspended, carks will too. they wouldn't dare sit the Rangers' guy and not ours.

April 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

about the homer part, right? ;)

April 15, 2012 at 8:20 PM | Registered CommenterResigned Russell

All this being said, half of the flyers and pens should be out too. 3 games is a lot for a first offense, even though it injured Alfie...Carks is going to feel it hard now. I'm just trying to keep this objective.

I'd allocated the Phillips elbow to the elbow that karlsson took. They can keep at this then give karlsson the elbow on Richards, and so on so forth. I need to mention that if there was consistency during the season, this wouldn't be a disaster right now, and it's a ramifications of going lightly on Weber.

April 15, 2012 at 8:26 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

Milbury and KeithJones actually seem to agree that he deserved the suspension. This Crider guy from BostonCollege looks like he may be the replacement for Hagelin. He's 6'4 and very fast himself.

April 15, 2012 at 8:27 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

You do have to think Carkner will get 1-3 games himself

April 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Then he better go and suspend Boyle too... same thing...

Actually, Boyle hit Karlsson from behind, after the whistle, and the little bitch waited for all the refs and linesmen to be turned the other way.

April 15, 2012 at 8:33 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

Chris ‏ @Pasq20
Congrats shanny you are officially a clown weber gets nothing for a WWE move hagelin gets 3 games for a questionable elbow, makes no sense

Greg S. ‏ @RealistSpeaking
Oh and according the Karlsson Alfredsson is playing tomorrow and they took him out as precaution and not due to Injury. F**k Shanny #Pissed

Here's some Ranger fans tweets with their mild displeasure of the suspension--sensblog is retweeting some of the "better" ones

April 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Yup... Shanahan is an idiot.

April 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

1 Game for Carks.

April 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM | Registered CommenterAgent Orange

that's good that it's only one game for Carkner

April 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

That's about fair, I'd say. I think we got some lube on this one

April 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM | Registered CommenterPost Draft Pan

I don't have a problem with Carks getting one game, except that Boyle should get the same...

April 15, 2012 at 8:52 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

NHL "discipline" is such a joke. The inmates are running the asylum.

April 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM | Registered CommenterShanghaiSenator

Suspensions are about right compared to most of the regular season. Love the Rangers fans freaking out. Screaming idiots. Brian Boyle is a puke and if someone on our team acted that way I wouldn't want him on the team.

TJ, I hope your friend "Greg S" is right about Alfie, but I'm not so optimistic.

Let me ask you guys something: Have you ever met a hockey fan who felt that ANY NHL suspension (other than those levied against players on his/her team) was too long or excessive? I've never met anyone who has ever felt that way. Clear indication that suspensions in this league are unilaterally too lenient.

April 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM | Registered Commenterpitlick

Someone needs to tell Shanahan that Boyle falling to the ice is not a direct result of Carkner's actions... The guy can't even take a face-off without going down.

I think he spends more time a game laying on the ice than the puck does.

edit: on the other hand, watching Rags fans whine on Twitter is awesome :P

April 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM | Registered Commenterdadexter

LOL@pitlick that dude is not even remotely my "friend". I took that off sensblog twitter posts.

April 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Russell going hard at it on Twitter, and he makes great sense if Shanahan is a puppet he really should quit.

April 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Milbury just admitted he was one of the idiots who was railing on Shanahan in the beginning along with those stupid GM's.

If they had let Shanahan alone from the beginning very few of these incidents would be happening.

April 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln

Wow!!! just saw the Neal hits on Giroux and Curturier from this afternoon, he needs to be suspended longer than Hagelin. Neal did it twice for pete's sake.

April 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM | Registered Commentertjlincoln